Officials probe mysterious origin of Nazi symbol on fired cop's flashlight

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/08/officers-probe-mysterious-orig.html

3 Likes

Good to hear that the city of North Charleston doesn’t expressly condone beating handcuffed black men with metal flashlights inscribed with Nazi runes.

A sliver of hope was found in the enormous mess that is North Charleston PD.

19 Likes

But, but, FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!

2 Likes

Is some dude going to come in and tell us that the cop was really just a KISS fan?

'cause there also might be a problem with that.

6 Likes

flashlight carved with a racist Nazi symbol

Do we need the word “racist” in there?

9 Likes

Yes, but any other types of metal flashlights are permissible.

1 Like

…claiming that the beating of James Terry was a group effort and the flashlight was a device used to blame him exclusively.

Go figure! If you put Nazi symbols on your personal property I bet people start to believe all kinds of things about you.

18 Likes

Given the apologists for the alt-right who regularly show up here, the redundancy is acceptable.

19 Likes

It’s probably just a coincidence, like the weak-ass no-'scuse these nimrods came up with.

(Bonus: pasty pudgy white guy who absently-mindedly drew random sketch on his rifle)

1 Like

Good to hear that the city of North Charleston doesn’t expressly condone beating handcuffed black men with metal flashlights inscribed with Nazi runes.

…yet.

1 Like

“Mysterious origin”

tumblr_inline_nv7gksIJlc1r79k32_500

15 Likes

However could that have ended up on Herr’s Hair’s flashlight? This is a case for Sherlock Holmes.

5 Likes

Clearly it belongs to the nefarious individual who goes by the moniker, “The Wig Splitter”. This dastardly fiend is well known through out the community for placing random objects in cop cars with Nazi imagery crudely inscribed on them. Occasionally he even tattoos cops in their sleep!

I pray that we find this person or person so that the good name of the North Charleston Police Dept. will no longer be sullied!

7 Likes

the beating of James Terry was a group effort

He does not think it is fair to claim all the credit for himself, and would like to share it with colleagues.

2 Likes

We all know there’s only one kind of iconic S that’s acceptable to gratuitously inscribe property in your possession with.

4 Likes

I’m assuming that this is the classic “I hold my extra-ass long D cell Mag-Lite like a baton, so if I see anything I’m already prepped to beat the shit out of it” type flashlight?

So, “wig splitter” for cracking heads eh?

Weirdly, none of the flashlights to be found in my household have Nazi symbols on them? I wonder how that would have gotten there? Must be some sort of spontaneous generation thing. I better check mine again…

3 Likes

Obligatory

Christ, what an asshole.

5 Likes

Squint along with me: in the third picture, the letters appear to be “[something], [something], T, L, E, R”. I’m pretty sure there’s only one ‘L’ in Splitter.

Any ideas? I’m drawing a blank.

2 Likes

There’s no ‘I’ in “Klan”. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

a police-issued flashlight carved with a racist Nazi symbol

As opposed to all those other totally non-racist Nazi symbols?