Oh dear! Newsmax host slams Biden for not knowing "Africa is a country" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/11/oh-dear-newsmax-host-slams-biden-for-not-knowing-africa-is-a-country-video.html

12 Likes

Africa is a continent, made up of many countries.

32 Likes

Muphry’s Law is standard operating procedure for the ignoramuses at NewsTrash.

19 Likes

Never ascribe to malice, that which can be ascribed to ignorance, and malice.

25 Likes

Journalistic excellence from New Smax.

7ae

15 Likes

(Somewhat) unrelated, but could Trump find Africa on a map?

Taking all bets.

14 Likes

32 Likes

“And when we reached out to Biden, his dumbass spokesperson tried to tell us that Africa’s actually a condiment! What are those people smoking up there?”

28 Likes

In your text, treat Africa as if it were one country. It is hot and dusty with rolling grasslands and huge herds of animals and tall, thin people who are starving. Or it is hot and steamy with very short people who eat primates. Don’t get bogged down with precise descriptions. Africa is big: fifty-four countries, 900 million people who are too busy starving and dying and warring and emigrating to read your book. The continent is full of deserts, jungles, highlands, savannahs and many other things, but your reader doesn’t care about all that, so keep your descriptions romantic and evocative and unparticular.

Binyavanga Wainaina, How to Write About Africa

25 Likes

I doubt Trump could find literally anything on a map. Africa, United States, North America, North Pole, you name it. His ignorance really is bottomless, and then when you add his obviously accelerating dementia on top of that, it’s pretty much guaranteed any third grader knows more about any given subject than he does, with the exception of grifting.

17 Likes

I imagine he’d be at least capable of identifying the ketchup and chicken grease stains he left on it. :smiley:

As far as reading it, sure, my guess is he’d just be winging it and hoping nobody notices.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 Likes

Not one country; one love (this one one of the first internet gifs I ever saw)
AFRICA

12 Likes

Is this real? Besides the obvious here, it doesn’t make any sense - they’re quoting that report, but the report surely didn’t contain a claim that Biden “failed” to recognize Africa as a country, so how did the Newsmax person manage to insert that?

6 Likes

Didn’t that idiot sarah palin claim Africa is a country? or was it grandmommy bobo?

It can be hard to keep track of the many morons and their idiocies.

6 Likes

I bet he also doesn’t know the capital of Africa.

7 Likes

The report doesn’t contain a single mention of Africa. The closest it comes is Biden talking about the shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Church in Charleston. This is likely something Comer just completely made up.

14 Likes

20 Likes

i don’t think he is in a position to do that. :thinking:

4 Likes

Election 2020 Lol GIF by Joe Biden

Is the stupidity contagious? Did Fox give to TFG, get it from him, did they all drink the same bad water somewhere, frequent the same rich people country club and eat the salmon mousse, or what? Do the MAGAs vector stupidity to each other? To others? Re-infect TFG at every campaign fundraiser? Is it a gut biome problem? A neurocognitive issue? Too many PFAS in their diet? Not enough time in the sunshine? Too much telly? Too much Diet Coke?

I think I need… one or two hints.

10 Likes

But seriously, folks, this rampant stupidity, and all those idiots walking around with their myriad cognitive dissonances is more than disconcerting.

One of my favorite 19th Century writers bemoaned the obvious increasing stupidity of humans, and that everything was being dumbed down almost 200 years ago!

9 Likes