Oishii strawberries, formerly $50 for 8, are now just $6 for 3

[Wearing an oddly cut-fit school uniform and an awesome light teal haircut for a 15 y.o., shaking head mildly] Then you’re saying it wrong.
No reason we can’t have Shiteruru or Shitemas (Done it/did) strawberries, though. (Wait a week? Grow them in little ‘refresh’ icon moulds? Sell them in Christmas Cakes -along with- a dumpy looking or ori-kame abstraction of a dakimakura mate? Liqueur?)
If Italy can have Sonare (they are?) stuff…

5 Likes

Despite this being about the most generic action verb that you learn on day 1, hour 1 of Japanese class I don’t think most average English-speaking consumers would be able to get over the use of “shit” in the name.

Granted, “shite” is a more advanced conjugation than the “shimasu” conjugation you’d learn in the first hour on the first day of Japanese class, but I stand by my general point.

2 Likes

…and then you prime the grocer with snappy comeback lines to any comments they might get? Yeah, I can see that getting old fast, even if the customer knows the secret pass to the back room with the fresh fruit. Shizustomu (more or less a loan word, and too close to shizutemu) maybe? Shtaaakai has been done? Going the other way, what kind of pun or deadpan do you (in addition to Oishii) like? Nagoji? (Not terribly Japanesque, though.)

3 Likes

:thinking: I can imagine an ad with the slogan, “These berries are the sh*t!” :wink:

4 Likes

:grimacing:

1_PAY-Kennedy-NewsWelsh-Italian-PizzaFacebook

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.