Oklahoma foolishly listened to Trump. Now they want a $2 million refund on hydroxychloroquine

It has other uses too.

4 Likes

Actually, malaria is due to make an appearance in the gulf coast soon thanks to global warming, so sayeth the US Army and US Navy.

3 Likes

Two Million Dollars!

A) peanuts
B) It’s shelf stable, right? There are conditions it actually treats. Suck it up and a bunch of Oklahomans with lupus or whatnot can have a few free doses?

Is this why I’m not in charge of anything?

4 Likes

Again, lived in Oklahoma nearly 2 years, not surprised they are this stupid at all.

Biden should publicly address this and refuse to reimburse and make an example out of their stupidity-ceven if it pisses them off.

People desperately need to be forced to see the reality of this as the con this is and was, so the consequences of believing stupid crackpots are absolutely 1000% clear.

The stupid needs to stop.

It’s not as though people of Oklahoma are somehow incapable of intelligence. People everywhere can be gullible- but if they arent forced to confront mistakes, they will never learn from them.

2 Likes

No, those could be useful! It would let the politicians in Oklahoma see, bringing the light right next to their eyes.

1 Like

Just to say it again, the NY Times Daily podcast with the excellent Dr. Fauci yesterday walks us through the whole insanity in Fauci’s own voice.

unfortunately, the host of that podcast hasn’t been exactly forthcoming about his role in the fabricated caliphate podcast

2 Likes

How long until these pills expire and become useless? They might as well just donate them to lupus sufferers and countries where malaria is common.

Think of how much fringe (on top) that could buy!

It is useful for lupus.

What is the usage vs incidence vs the stockpile size?

I.e. will the $2 million worth of drugs treat all of the Oklahoma lupus cases for 5 years or 500?

Edit: yes phone I did mean lupus not lips

1 Like

Wow. And a sex scandal. I’m still reading that piece now. What a mess.

This particular episode was not Michael Barbarro interviewing Fauchi, although he did have a few words exchanged with the reporter. It’s mostly Fauchi speaking. Are there big surprises on what he was thinking? Not really. But I found it comforting.

1 Like

Oklahoma has a population of about 4M people
Prevalence of lupus in the general population is 5.5 per 100,000
So there should be ~220 people in the state with lupus.
It is a chronic disease, so they would use it over a long time period, but I don’t know what the typical dose would be or how often it would need to be taken.

1 Like

it sounds worthwhile and ill probably take a listen. i didn’t mean to downplay a good fauci interview - im very much glad he can speak his mind now.

i was more just taking issue with the word “excellent” being attached to that particular ( and hugely popular ) podcast. them covering existing news is probably fine, but any stories they break need to be looked at with a very sceptical eye. ( ear? )

1 Like

Fair. What strikes me from the NPR piece:

Baquet told NPR that newsroom leaders did not subject the series to sufficient scrutiny …because they were not accustomed to editing audio with the same rigor they apply to print reporting. “Because this was a different form, people like me and some of my top deputies didn’t feel as comfortable, and that’s why that fell through the cracks,” Baquet said.

Yeah, that’s BS. Ask for the transcript, then run the same fact checking that you always do for print, prior to publishing the podcast. Act as if the transcript is the print version of the audio story, because it is. It’s not as if they’re interpreting sound effects here.

I have shifted the word “excellent.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess Oklahoma is going to have to raise taxes on some of their oil and cattle millionaires.
That, or they could stop eating avocado toast and get a second job.

3 Likes

I’ll take, “OK, nope” for $200, Alex.

1 Like

The federal government is stuck with 63 million doses of hydroxychloroquine now that the US Food and Drug Administration has revoked permission for the drug to be distributed to treat coronavirus patients.
Immunosuppressive drug and Anti-parasite
It can treat and prevent malaria. It can also treat lupus and arthritis.

Now, here is my question. As a humanitarian move shouldn’t we give this valuable medicine to trump’s “ shit hole ‘ countries that still suffer from the maladies this drug was made to help!

Call me crazy.

4 Likes

ezgif.com-video-to-gif

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.