Oklahoma foolishly listened to Trump. Now they want a $2 million refund on hydroxychloroquine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/27/oklahoma-foolishly-listened-to-trump-now-they-want-a-2-million-refund-on-hydroxychloroquine.html

7 Likes
10 Likes

There are still HCQ True Believers who haven’t abandoned faith in this snake oil, standing ready to viciously attack anyone who tweets doubt about the stuff.

Maybe Oklahoma can sell their stash to them!

17 Likes

26 Likes

Caveat Emptor…

5 Likes

I hear that bleach flows from the faucets there.

6 Likes

Trump should repay this out of his campaign funds. He’s got half a billion or so. You know: let one group of suckers repay another.

16 Likes

Wait until summer and introduce malaria into Oklahoma.

13 Likes

They also ordered a bunch of UV light-emitting suppositories but were too embarrassed to ask for their money back.

11 Likes

Clearly, just another a-hole with a bright idea.

7 Likes

I was thinking more like this:

5 Likes

I don’t know how people could be so stupid.

Trump is stupid, and a grifter, and it’s obvious that he is both, and should have been obvious at least from the moment he said “Mexico will pay for it.”

And people still listen to the guy.

2 Likes

Before giving them the two million dollars, we should work out a way to recoup the losses of having an obviously grossly incompetent president mismanaging a pandemic, with enablers in Congress, governor’s offices, state legislatures and mayor’s offices. I mean, there’s obviously no way we can bring back any of the dead, but being financially liable would be a nice way to discourage future episodes of governmental malpractice.

1 Like

Presumably FFF Enterprises are checking their records to find the use by dates for the pills that went to Oklahoma.

Wasn’t this originally a malaria drug? They could donate it to one of the many countries where malaria is a serious problem.

9 Likes

From the CDC:

“Hydroxychloroquine can only be used in places where chloroquine (a related medicine) is still effective. There are only a few places left in the world where hydroxychloroquine is still effective including parts of Central America and the Caribbean.”

CDC keeps track of all the places in the world where malaria transmission occurs and which malaria drugs that are recommended for use in each place. This information can be found using the malaria map on the CDC website: http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/map/index.html."

However, with climate change malaria is expected to return to the continental US permanently, so they may just want to hold onto it.

4 Likes

I feel like it was obvious right up until he became president, and then suddenly so many things were confused about it, like how so many news outlets didn’t want to ascribe motivations to him constantly saying false and “racially charged” things. For a country founded on rebellion, America seems to have a lot of reflexive respect for that institution.

6 Likes

There are a lot more important things lots of people in this country would like back after the disastrous last 4 years (the life of their loved ones for instance). Oklahomas 2mil is the at the very bottom of the list of the things lost due to Trump that I give a fuck about.

1 Like

All those hydroxychloroquine MLM hard sales are hard to refuse

great-idea

4 Likes