Oklahoma GOP wants to outlaw hoodies, unless you are part of a minstrel troupe

Ukulele open-carry?

3 Likes

Youā€™re going to need some offensive makeup to go with your ukulele http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minstrel_show

1 Like

All of these are IMO:

• A beard that is part of your body would not count as a disguise.
  • A fake beard would count as a disguise.
  • A toupee or wig would count as a disguise. [Its purpose is to change oneā€™s appearance; isnā€™t that the dictionary definition of a disguise?]
  • Iā€™m not certain on makeup. How much makeup would constitute normal cosmetic use and how much would constitute a disguise? And is the limit gender-specific?
  • Sunglasses? Celebrities often wear them in an attempt to conceal their identity when attempting to leave their hotels without attracting the attention of the paparazzi. I suppose it depends on how bright the sunlight is at the moment the police officer spots you.
2 Likes

Obviously, the authors of the bill were facing heavy pressure from the powerful minsterly lobby.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t read the bill, but I assume thereā€™s an exemption for Halloween costumesā€¦unless Senator Barrington is one of those people who believe itā€™s Satanā€™s holiday.

2 Likes

I suspect blackface would count as a disguise, hence the exemption for minstrel troupes.

I have to wear a filter mask to cope with tobacco smoke across the street, perfume, pine-sol, etc. If I lived in Oklahoma I would be criminalized.

3 Likes

Shit, I remember when that was on TV. And Iā€™m not even old. People are absolute bastards.

Yeah, because we all know that everyone who covers their face in public is planning to commit a crime and should be detained for questioning. /irony

:cry: :cop: :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Butā€¦ butā€¦ I thought, your conservative Nuts over there were all about Freedomā€¦ FREEDOM!

3 Likes

First they came for the moronic wide-brimmed cowboy hats ā€¦

10 Likes

Now weā€™ve got nerdface, like Big Bang Theory

1 Like

No actual prohibition on wearing a hoodie (unless youā€™re already doing something illegal). Hereā€™s what the law really says,

ā€œSection 1301. It shall be unlawful for any person in this state
to :
A. To wear a mask, hood or covering, which conceals the
identity of the wearer during the commission of a crime or for the
purpose of coercion, intimidation or harassment; or
B. To intentionally conceal his or her identity in a public
place by means of a robe, mask, or other disguise.
Provided, the provisions of Section 1301 et seq. of
this title shall not apply to the pranks of children on Halloween,
to those going to, or from, or participating in masquerade parties,
to those participating in any public parade or exhibition of an educational, religious or historical character, to those wearing
coverings required by their religious beliefs, for safety or medical
purposes, or incidental to protection from the weather, to those
participating in any meeting of any organization within any building
or enclosure wholly within and under the control of said
organization, and to those participating in the parades or
exhibitions of minstrel troupes, circuses, sporting groups, mascots
or other amusements or dramatic shows. Any person, or persons,
violating the provisions of this section, shall be deemed guilty of
a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a
fine of not less than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) nor more than Five
Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail for
a period of not exceeding one (1) year, or by both such fine and
imprisonment.ā€

2 Likes

If youā€™re already committing a crime canā€™t they just arrest you for that? And if youā€™re not committing any other crime then who gives a hoot if people can see your face?

11 Likes

Like say, Walking through a White Neighborhood While Black?

Anyway, no prob, as long as youā€™re wearing the right hoodie.

10 Likes

The freedom is not to be divided equally!

2 Likes

Bye, Halloween.

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine a law like this has a chance of passing in Oklahoma, where the wind blows, sweeping ā€˜cross the plainsā€¦

3 Likes

Fuck these guys.

If this passes would it also be illegal to wear sunglasses? I once had a cop, while giving me a ticket for an improper turn, ask me to remove my mirror sunglasses. I was not sure what he expected to find behind them, but he must have been suspicious that I was driving on a sunny day with sunglasses on. Oh, and for ironyā€™s sake ,he was a trooper and you guessed it, he wore his sunglasses the whole time.

With this, I can see that they could detain you for wearing sunglasses, a baseball cap pulled down to low, or any large brimmed hat, and justify it by saying you were attempting to hide your face. Also if they lob tear gas at you, can they arrest you for covering your face?

3 Likes

5 Likes