Oklahoma placed a $2.1 million bounty on capturing Bigfoot alive

Originally published at: Oklahoma placed a $2.1 million bounty on capturing Bigfoot alive | Boing Boing

I’m glad they didn’t specify a bounty for a dead Bigfoot…that’d easily double Oklahoma’s homicide, I mean “hunting accident” count.

4 Likes

If it’s a skunk-ape, do they have to throw it back?

3 Likes

even tho we are pretty sure its a guy in an old gorilla suit, this motion stabilized gif still gives me the willies

10 Likes

Good for this representative. It’s not like there are any more pressing issues or immediate concerns to address…

5 Likes

Technically wouldn’t hunting Bigfoot violate international law on endangered species? Or at the very least be unethical.

I understand the Snipe hunt is a long standing cultural tradition. But we have the draw the line somewhere. What’s next on the menu, Drop Bears and Hoop Snakes?

6 Likes

Sounds like someone stopped by Nebraska on the way Oklahoma to smoke some marijuana and kill children. :thinking:

2 Likes

So this is a catch-and-release program so lots of people can have the opportunity to terrorize Bigfoot over and over again? Sounds charming.

5 Likes

So would even a single fossil that filled in some of the gaps explaining how a previously undocumented genus of hominids migrated to North America.

Remember, the existence of Bigfoot wouldn’t just imply the presence of one hairy guy who was exceptionally good at hide-and-seek. It would imply entire branches of primate evolution that we haven’t even guessed at yet, let alone found evidence of.

3 Likes

Camera operator at 00:04
“Turn you head toward the camera, fool. Show the rubes your face. The damn costume cost enough!”

4 Likes

Ask them. They must know Bigfoot whereabouts.

Someone’s gonna shoot an eye out.

2 Likes

Good point. How do we get Bigfoot on the red list?

2 Likes

2.1 million dollar is too low, they have to spend sis million dollar.
Besides, alive a robot isn’t alive.

4 Likes

So all I need to do to get this money is to catch a Yeti, paint it in a darker shade, smuggle it into the US and voilà?

5 Likes

Meanwhile, the War on Bigfoot continues. #CancelCulture

1 Like

That’s cool, but I’d rather see a bounty on Santa Claus.

1 Like

Who’d be crazy enough to go after him?
Nobody who ever saw him lived to tell the tale.

1 Like

Hunters could follow the music.

5 Likes

Nonsense. The guy who runs the Bigfoot Discovery Museum in Felton CA saw him, or at least heard him; I forget if it was in the Santa Cruz Mountains or farther north in CA. And he’ll tell you plenty of tales.

(But the tales you really want Mike Rugg telling you are about him and his brother Howard making musical instruments in their wood shop next door, mainly mountain dulcimers, turning a traditionally low-end handmade instrument into luthier-quality work. They produced products under the name Capritaurus and later Folk Roots, taught my teacher how to play fast fiddle tunes on them, and played a big part in the West Coast part of the mountain dulcimer world in the 70s.)