Oklahoma state representative filed bill to establish Bigfoot hunting season

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/21/oklahoma-state-representative-filed-bill-to-establish-bigfoot-hunting-season.html

2 Likes

Because all the problems in the state were solved, so they have time to do this?

14 Likes

I think the idea is to make it into some kind of tourism thing?

The Commission shall set annual season dates and create any necessary specific hunting licenses and fees.

5 Likes

“My God! We’ve found a living, breathing specimen of a non-human hominid previously unknown to science! Quick, we need to murder it!”

30 Likes

People don’t believe it, but when you got 50 feral bigfoots running through your yard you’ll understand why there’s a Bigfoot hunting season and why I need a 50mm howitzer mounted on my porch.

To be fair this is Oklahoma’s ONLY problem, feral bigfoots.

19 Likes

TBF, they did recently pass MMJ in OK. so maybe they’re a little caught up? (/s)
also: Sasquatch needs federal protected species status

7 Likes

Or any smart-ass dressed-up as Bigfoot to get attention. That’s totally acceptable as well, I guess.

5 Likes

I have a friend who to runs a Bigfoot rescue shelter. People get them when they’re cute little Tinyfeet. But then they grow too large for for the homes. The worst thing is when they just release them into the wild, where they end up as prey for feral boas, or in beef jerky and insurance commercials.

18 Likes

Nothing more Republican than killing anything potentially useful in the eyes of science. Especially the part where they rail against fictional creations, they are really big on that

I lived in Oklahoma for nearly 2 years, I expect no less from the useless shitheel they elected.

12 Likes

I mean, either you believe bigfoots are real, in which case this is monstrous, or you don’t, in which case he’s being an asshole wasting everyone’s time with nothing better to do. There are no good options here.

14 Likes

Bigfoot isn’t real. Drunk hunters who will accidentally shoot humans and bears in the backcountry are very real.

13 Likes

As always:

9 Likes

Pro Hunter Tip: Bigfoot is fond of wearing orange vests.

8 Likes

I mean, they make bright orange tents that can attract wild animals because some stupid fuckers will shoot at anything that isn’t Day-Glo.

5 Likes

Ok, OK… I’ve got to ask: Is it because in one of the most famous (fake) movies ever, that female bigfoot is black?

2 Likes

But I heard Bigfoot is only vulnerable to Nerf weaponry.

3 Likes

You heard correctly. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Even if one believes that bigfoot is real (which, fine, cryptozoology is a thing after all), it is hard to imagine bigfoot inhabiting Oklahoma of all places.

No offense to Oklahoma; it just doesn’t seem like the right biome…at all.

7 Likes

Rational credences have taken a dive recently…

7 Likes

Yeah, there’s that whole issue, too…

“Experts” disagree:

The thing about “bigfoot” is that there’s pretty much local versions everywhere in the US at this point, except the most empty and un-vegetated parts of the country. (And probably even there, too.) Davy Crockett reported a run-in with a bigfoot in Texas. Where it spoke English and foretold the future, so clearly in American folklore it’s a magical beastie unconstrained by habitat…

4 Likes