Old lady calls cops on hispanic mom because her "baby is in pain"

I’m not in favor of doxxing, but when you go kicking a nest of hornets, you’re bound to get stung.

6 Likes

I’m not in favor of doxxing, either. I do believe in legally identifying & reporting people who make false emergency calls to the police.

7 Likes

I hear ya, but mark my words; that old bat is gonna end up being doxxed behind it.

Especially since she actively wished harm on a two year old baby simply because the mom didn’t want to hear her nosy, busybody bullshit.

10 Likes

Its not just her concern, fake or otherwise, about the kid in the car.
Its how she treats the mother, how her tone changes around the father, and how her complete demeanor changes when she runs out of excuses.

6 Likes

A depressingly familiar story post-brexit, post-trump and the rise of the far right - car seat connie being the very mildest of examples.

9 Likes

At ten years old?! Unless that 10 year old was also a quadriplegic and couldn’t get out of the car if needed on his/her own, there is no reason a 10 year old can’t be in a car alone in a parking lot.

Especially in the rough neighborhood that is your average Whole Foods parking lot. Jeez!

10 Likes

The difference is that some people don’t know how to leave other people’s business alone.

They. Are. Just. Assholes.

Yes, a different asshole than the video here, but still an asshole.

1 Like

As a similar person, I’ve never had that happen. I have, however, had my wife questioned since our daughter somehow got all the pale Norwegian genes I had. Uncivil is a nice way to put how she reacted, and damn right she had all the right to do so.

6 Likes

better call the cops just in case

think of the children

4 Likes

No. A 6 and 10 yo are perfectly capable of being left in a climate-controlled environment alone for a bit. Maybe not the 6 yo solo, but this is totally fine. I started letting my kids stay in the car at around 8 or so. Just locked the doors and taught them not to open them for anyone but me. I always did this in places with large windows so that I could basically see them at any time. People need to chill the fuck out.

6 Likes

You think the parent isn’t able to judge their 10 year old’s capabilities, but you, total stranger, are? I think we just found one of America’s big problems.

BTW, calling the police can be a death sentence for POC, and their kids. Think before you dial.

17 Likes

The people who have the most to learn about the implications of that also happen to be the people who would be the least likely to consider it.

5 Likes

I would too, but I also know that if frivolous police calls were criminalized, the racists woudln’t be the ones on whom it would be enforced, while legitimate calls (often of last resort because of the inherent risk) by those marginalized would be prosecuted as frivolous.

9 Likes

Why not just tap on the window and ask the kid?

9 Likes

You’re being far too rational. No, you should instantly panic, run around in circles, then call 911 every 2 minutes until a fire truck shows up with The Jaws of Life.

11 Likes

And then roll their eyes when the 10 year old kid rolls down the window and says “can I help you?”

15 Likes

Much of the problem here emerges from the fact that Car Seat Connie, based on the last bit of the video, was always making assumptions about intent or at least fault in the matter. Worse, that assumption was based in racism.

The sad larger truth here is that even when a child does get left in a car alone it’s not always a case of criminal negligence on the part of a bad parent. This article is almost obligatory reading when the subject comes up:

5 Likes

There is and that’s the point. Go into the store or whatever and find the parents. This calling the cops at the drop of a hat with no credible info is bs.

9 Likes

From the write up “…but hadn’t spotted mom in there with her until after she’d worked herself up into a righteous anger …”
As soon as she spotted Mom in the car, she should have walked away. None of her business. Period.

8 Likes

They would have to report themselves as the creepy person who was talking to someone’s kid.

1 Like