Olympic pole vaulter foiled by own penis

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/16/olympic-pole-vaulter-foiled-by.html

3 Likes

All I can say is in this case better foiled by his own penis than somebody else’s.

19 Likes

That penis was erect. I don’t understand.

7 Likes

Not the worst trouble those things can get you into.

28 Likes

Isn’t that what they say about sports in general? - “If it is not hard it is not worth a damn”

6 Likes

It appears as if he was going commando. I feel like if there was ever a time to be wearing a skin tight banana hammock or at the very least some tighty whities…this was it.

14 Likes

Pride goeth before the phallus.

18 Likes

If he was wearing a cup, he probably still would have touched the bar. But he wouldn’t have made that face.

6 Likes

Eh, seems to me a reasonable case can be made for it just being the fabric getting bunched up as his thighs rolled over the bar. Whatever the case, this was well over long before the bar got anywhere near his waist, methinks.

4 Likes

Well, sometimes when a man and a sport really love each other…

13 Likes

LOOK AN EXAMPLE OF HOW MEN HAVE IT HARD TOO

see what I did there?

26 Likes

An hour in and nobody’s pointed out that it’s the pole vault? Shame!

14 Likes

Ahem.

It appears he was vaulting with two poles…

10 Likes

It was a pole fault.

14 Likes

If only someone could invent some sort of strap these jocks could use that would prevent this sort of thing,

17 Likes

As a casual observer, I’ve clearly been missing many of the nuances of this complex sport.

12 Likes

That’s the problem with those things, always jumping all over the place, you never know where they’ll end up.

Pole vaulters, I mean.

8 Likes

Interesting, this is not something the Japanese are known for.

4 Likes

It gets hot in Rio. You don’t want your twig and berries to be steamed to death.

2 Likes

So, this is the rest of realities response to Trump upping the idiocracy quotient.

1 Like