Watch painful moment Olympic pole vaulter's "pole" (ahem) knocks him out of the competition

Originally published at: Watch painful moment Olympic pole vaulter's "pole" (ahem) knocks him out of the competition - Boing Boing

4 Likes

Already debunked.

13 Likes

Jesus Christ, I swear this is the Olympics of misinformation. In more wonderful news, Mondo Duplantis won gold and broke his own world record in the pole vault.

17 Likes

So envious. My PB was 12ft, 1in. Such a joy to watch the athletes :blush:

6 Likes

You know, the coolest part of watching it was seeing the other competitors stick around and cheer him on. There’s been a lot of bullshit misinformation going on from the media and the public, but for the most part, the athletes have shown amazing camaraderie and sportsmanship.

13 Likes

“Hi, Mom. Hey, it’s me. I’m ok. My knee hit the bar so I didn’t continue. Look, I need you to NOT watch the Olympics today…”

12 Likes

I’m so envious my personal best was about 6"… oh, we’re talking about pole-vaulting? :lying_face:

6 Likes

Channel 5 Shut Up GIF by All Creatures Great And Small

7 Likes

These misleading headlines are really hogging all of the attention :thinking:

7 Likes

I agree. What is this “junk”?

5 Likes

15 Likes

“sorry coach, i really boned that jump.”

5 Likes

I guess his next profession could be pipe-fitter.

2 Likes

A new clip for the “agony of defeat”?

(Yeah, yeah, ABC vs. NBC)

2 Likes

It may not have been the ultimate cause of him not winning, but it definitely looked painful.

2 Likes

There was an athlete named McTard,
from Olympic swimming was barred.
His backstroke’s the topic,
He swims periscopic!
And competes, say officials, too hard.

6 Likes

In unrelated news, Olympics officials stocked the athletic quarters with 300,000 condoms.

2 Likes

Pole vaulter’s pecker pecks pole?

2 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.