Olympics to companies: mentioning "Olympics" in social media is a trademark violation

I think 'lympics works well as a companion to 'merica.

1 Like

Are you sure it’s not bay-sized?

I was going to ask a similar question: what’s the Olympics equivalent of a “Superb Owl” ?

1 Like

How about “Limp-X”? They might regret that becoming the new popular name.

2 Likes

I’m so glad Boston rejected these assholes.

3 Likes

I think this is Rule 40, no? It’s not just “Olympics” they can’t say.

"Under the rule, non–official sponsors are not allowed to use the following phrases in any sort of advertising: 2016 Rio; Rio de Janeiro; Gold; Silver; Bronze; Medal; Effort; Performance; Challenge; Summer; Games; Sponsors; Victory; Olympia; Olympic; Olympics; Olympic Games; Olympiad; Olympiads and the Olympic motto “Citius – Altius – Fortius.”

These guys are assholes.

2 Likes

I’m trying to wrap my head around the notion that the USOC thinks it can control the use of the word “summer” in all US advertising (not to mention “performance”… there go 95% of all car commercials).

My head is apparently not as big as those who run the USOC, because I’m failing.

4 Likes

They’re not claiming the restrictions apply to everyone, only to companies that are sponsoring athletes without being official sponsors of the Olympics. Gold Medal Flour and Olympia Beer can continue to use their own product names.

No, a goatse of assholes.

I disavow any knowledge of that word.

:wink:

3 Likes

But it doesn’t disavow you. :wink:

1 Like

That’s okay.

It’s nice and cozy inside my self imposed bubble.

1 Like

I still like:

1 Like

I’d suggest a “committee of assholes”, but I don’t want to insult vultures.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.