On "Eastern European Women"

You are among friends!

3 Likes

Since he died in 1980, and Yugoslavia was dissolved in 1992, and we’re discussing Twenty-First Century society, Tito is not germane.

6 Likes

Sorry, that was a weak attempt at a Jackson 5ive joke.

I’ll leave now.

12 Likes

heh. It’s good that you explained the joke.

That said, I’m curious how many former Yugoslavians look back fondly on Tito.

7 Likes

Given there are plenty of folk who look back fondly on leaders like Mussolini, Franco, Stalin, et al, and given that Tito is generally regarded as a benevolent dictator (unlike the Mussolini, etc.) I have little doubt there are more than a few who pine for him.

5 Likes

My high school chum went to the Ukraine for a Wife, and a Wife he did find. 7 boys born and 22 grandchildren, and a great grandchild on the way. All that said she is the keeper of the two, great couple, but without her he’d be lost…

2 Likes

I beg to differ!

And I just got that joke!

13 Likes

Yeah, sure, whatever you say.

3 Likes

What you’ve attibuted to the author was the author more or less quoting someone else from Italian television, and what the author then had to say about that nonsense was:

But, you know, whatever.

1 Like

Oy vey. Gimme a break. I am aware the words originated with the TV host (Christ, it’s right there in the article), I was not attributing it to Jasmina Tesanovic, but by quoting the article directly it ends up looking that way.

Is that a “high horse” image in your avatar? :rolling_eyes:

8 Likes

By ‘you’ did you mean me, or the author of the graphic? Hard to tell just now, but whatever

2 Likes

I still don’t quite understand this idolization of the east by white supremacists. I thought slavs were evil and an inferior race by principle. That was the whole point of Hitler occupying Poland and taking on Russia. When did this flip?

1 Like

In the years that Jasmina Tesanovic has been a guest blogger here this post has been one of the most interesting for me.

Thanks.

3 Likes

It gets even weirder when those guys start going on about East Asians. You’re on about the purity of the white race? And the best women for preserving white, christian family values are non-white and non-christian? Hell even with the Eastern Europeans a whole hell of a lot of those people are Turkic, Muslim, Eurasian, mixed as all get out. It reads very much like they started from sexual fetishes (Asians and Russians are hot, Black dick is threatening) and worked their way back.

4 Likes

To be fair, the Nazis did kill off most of the Jews in Eastern Europe so perhaps that “purified” it. Or perhaps their ideology isn’t internally consistent.

2 Likes

There’s an oxymoron if ever there was one. Like benevolent slave-owner.

12 Likes

Based purely on anecdotal evidence of my six months in Moldova and Ukraine, it’s the women who are very intelligent and to quote @Ryuthrowsstuff - “fucking hard”.

I blew an opportunity to spend the rest of my life with an awesome Moldovan woman (former Olympic volleyball player, worked in advertising, spoke at least three languages), but I blew it because I was too hung up on not being worthy of her.
She and the friend who introduced us are the kind of people who get shit done. I assume their husbands are aware of how lucky they are. If not, they should be.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: I should point out this wasn’t some Moldovan bride program. I was on vacation exploring eastern Europe out of curiosity - wanting to satisfy my belief that the regular people on the other side of the curtain when I was young weren’t bad people after all, despite what my government might have wanted me to believe.

9 Likes

Nazi ideology not consistent? Gasp!

7 Likes

Where I’m from we call that St Patrick’s day.

8 Likes

There was a television show in Germany that ran for several years called " Traumfrau Gesucht" ( looking for a dream woman - loosely translated) in which these single guys go on a trip to several Eastern European countries looking for women. Obviously, it was mostly scripted reality except that it wasn’t always sure that the guys had been let in on the joke. They were, let’s say… not exactly the best looking guys and certainly lacking in any redemable character traits but all of them were sure that they were going to find these models gorgeous women to fall at their feet as soon as they whiped out that German passport and the prospect of living in Germany. The best part of the show was the looks on these women’s faces when they were set up on dates with these guys and their painfully polite attempts to explain to them why they didn’t want to marry them on the second date and start cleaning their houses. I mean, the houses of the ones who had their own places and not the ones that were still living at home with their parents.
Interestingly, many German men are also quite convinced that Eastern European or Asia women make better wives than German ones do. I’m not sure if that’s based in some sort of nostalgia for the good old pre-emancipation days ( women in what was then West Germany have only been able to work without the permission of their husbands since 1977) or that non-European Union citizens have less rights than EU ones and can therefore be pressured into accepting less desirable domestic situations.

4 Likes