On the death of Rob Ford

He once humiliated his wife during a press conference by boasting about performing oral sex on her.

Can’t wait to see responses when Trump does that. I mean, I hope he doesn’t, but I can’t believe he won’t.

7 Likes

In all fairness, it isn’t speaking ill of the dead to reference their actions in life or your opinions of them. Ford was a criminal born of privilege and wealth who reveled in debauchery that he would all too happily harm others to have. His crimes were too many to ascribe to addictions he could from birth easily afford to indulge.

He had henchmen and outright thugs deliberately in his employ, that he didn’t hesitate to deploy. Murders occurred in direct relation to his person, how much more common would be common assaults & harm?

Yes he had people that were in his thrall or even loved him, by choice or birth, but such was this character that his passing is likely bittersweet deliverance, if only his brother and others allow it, which is unlikely in the extreme.

Yes, he was human, let that serve as a warning.

24 Likes

I remember commenting that he would end up dead soon if he didn’t sort his life out.

I admit I wanted him out of politics in the hope that he couldn’t carry on doing harm. I didn’t want him dead.

14 Likes

This. We all wanted the brothers Ford out of politics, but I wouldn’t wish cancer on my worst enemy.

11 Likes

According to AFP a famous bete noir of Boing Boing is dead at 46 of cancer.

Well MrsTobinL will be having a celebratory Moxie this evening. Though I doubt she was the only one with him on their deadpool list.

1 Like

No doubt many will ponder whether his erratic behavior was at all related to his impending mortality.

1 Like

My Word! He’s Dead!

2 Likes

reading. blogging.

2 Likes

[Read the post]

every junkie’s like the setting sun

2 Likes

Just saw this on Wikipedia’s list of notable deaths.

No more boom boom for that guy. Hope he found some peace in the end…

2 Likes

He didn’t die of a crack-induced heart attack in the arms of a clapped-out hooker?

Well played, Rob Ford!

5 Likes

My word, he’s dead!

I’d like to think that he is finally at peace, up in heaven, in a van, down by the river.

17 Likes

Give a fist bump to Marion Barry, Rob. Thanks for the memories.

5 Likes

Well, I guess it’s not too soon. I chuckled.

I have known people in recovery who learned they had cancer and just jumped off the wagon, because fuck it. That might explain a lot of the last few years.

5 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. When was he diagnosed?

Gonna die soon? May as well have some crack!

1 Like