One person has a double-digit lead over Trump, but she's not running

What Is Wrong With You Season 2 GIF by The Office

3 Likes

… and no examples of anyone who won by not running, despite what polls might say :thinking:

5 Likes

Calvin_and_Hobbes_ROFL

I would love to see the expression on Lord Dampnut’s face when he finds out about this.
It’s gonna stick in his craw for sure!
The walls of Mar A Lardo will drip red that night…

Nor should she.
She doesn’t want the job, so that’s that.
It would be amusing to see the results of another hypothetical:

Lord Dampnut vs. Jesus Christ

I would bet good money that Lord Dampnut gets more than a few votes.

2 Likes

You do realize you have to have a campaign organization just to get on all the 50 states’ ballots? This doesn’t happen in a minute.

No one in the D party can run besides Biden/Harris right now. It’s too late. If Biden were to drop out, or even resign the presidency, the only other person in the world with access to the Biden/Harris campaign cash is Harris. So let’s stop pretending Michelle Obama or The Rock or Josiah “Jed” Bartlett or Selina Meyer is going to step in and save us. Let’s go, Brandon!

6 Likes

5 Likes

I’m surprised “Giant Meteor 2024” hasn’t been invoked yet.

2 Likes

I’ll take Biden over Giant Meteor/Meteorite any day of the week. TFG vs GM… :person_shrugging:

ETA: Upon short reflection, I’ll take GM over TFG. GM would mean random destruction and probably the world pulling together to overcome it. TFG would mean targeted elimination of people based on their identity and further fracturing of democracy. No brainer.

ETA2: There are no other viable opponents to Giant Meteor or TFG. The primaries are over. Michelle Obama did not run because she didn’t want to. Everyone can fuck off with the same wishful thinking candidates they were talking about last year.

9 Likes

But Patrick Stewart isn’t a citizen.

7 Likes

Wanna bet they are listening? To the right-wing media? If early polls like this one are pretty much meaningless I would expect you could add to that a few people trying to tank the polls here. I’ve also got to wonder what kind of crap listed her on the poll in the first place.

Yeah, Michelle Obama was happy to get her husband back from politics, firstly, and has confirmed no desire to put her own hat in the ring. But it pops up from the nutter contingent still.

2 Likes

At this point, delegitimizing the Democratic nominee is the point of polls like this. My question is why are Mark and Carla shilling for the opposition?

7 Likes

Really? Cause I’m often seeing it from democrats… primarily men who love to spend their time ignoring and talking over women.

3 Likes

Are they not nutters? Of all the things to do in this world, choosing to spend their time proving to themselves that in their manly splendor they are superior to any opposing genders? It’s fucking crazy.

2 Likes

Why didn’t they include The Batman and Lex Luthor?

3 Likes

I guess we’re seeing why that term is useful.

Plenty of non-right wing men are pretty misogynistic.

No, it’s an ideology. That’s the problem.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m sorry. I wasn’t connecting the term nutter with right-wing media as it was in the post you were responding to; oversight (or under-reading) on my part. I just meant more that it’s a foolish perspective. And it’s a dangerous ideology for sure, I didn’t intend to minimize it.

2 Likes

I still like Biden but one of 'em would make for an interesting match, right?

gotham

2 Likes

I know, thanks!

I’m just feeling that after this fucked up week and a half, we need to really double down on some of our efforts to clarify what’s happening in the world… It’s easy for some people to just say “well, those people are crazy and there is no way that they could take over” but just look where we’re at. I feel like people have not taken this movement seriously for years, and even know, some people continue to just treat all this like an intellectual exercise, rather than the threat to the entire world that it actually is…

I guess I’m just frustrated, tired, scared, and… I don’t know…

:sob:

9 Likes

Pissed? I fucking am. Watching a fucking train wreck that we have the power to stop. Or should have the power to stop. Ugh.

5 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

3 Likes

But hey. Michelle Obama. That’s what’s important to focus on now.

1 Like