Ongoing coronavirus happenings

That’s in Oregon, a quick check is how the station’s call letters start with K and not W

13 Likes

We are in a very privileged position where her business is essentially how we fund our extras, travel, tuition, etc. We can do fine off my income, which is in no danger of going away. Most do not have that privilege.

25 Likes

sounds legit

13 Likes

True. I’m in a fortunate position, too, although this will cost me financially as well (making hard choices now to ensure the cost won’t be ruinous). But I can’t help thinking about what will happen to all the people out there living paycheck to paycheck – especially the people who I encounter at checkout lines and supermarkets and such on a daily basis.

ETA:

18 Likes

Unless you get sick. Take care of yourself, @docosc

13 Likes

Uh huh. From The Daily Caller, no less.

A pox on your “A pox on both their houses!”

11 Likes

I dont think anybody, regardless of political afiliation, should be getting in the way of getting ahead of this effort.

And was adding the snopes take to the article @ficuswhisperer posted above.

In our area, someone just started a Facebook community (is that the right term? I don’t Facebook and really have no idea how it works, but my wife keeps up with it) to help people get help with problems caused by covid or quarantine. This is possiblya good idea since the gov’t is leaving us to the wolves.

20 Likes

Well, the job is not going away…

15 Likes

Misread that as leading and still agreed…

13 Likes

In florida this is very common after hurricanes. Community groups step up en masse and fill in the gaps. I have found that in crisis such as these the good come out of the woodwork and it is amazing.

4 Likes

The problem is that Zuckerberg is one of the wolves: the kind who runs a social network filled to the brim with disinformation and unfounded rumours and convinces people it’s a responsible community group.

13 Likes

Thread about that thread:

18 Likes
13 Likes

Why not both?
/deep sigh

13 Likes

I’m more worried about the elections in November. :weary::weary::weary:

7 Likes

Good point:

19 Likes
15 Likes