Ongoing coronavirus happenings

So that would imply that the goal is to make this situation worse? Well, yeah, that would be on point with these heartless bastards, yes it would.

13 Likes
4 Likes

Trump will get some of that when he is no longer useful retires.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

They misspelled “reeducation.” Trump is taking notes.

5 Likes

And away we go

Of note, no apparent connection between the two community acquired cases mentioned, and in different locales.

9 Likes

Close.

5 Likes

Former BB contributor Maggie Koerth-Baker has some interesting observations on the efficacy of quarantines:

14 Likes

“It varies. There are some babies that feel no shame well into their 2nd Senate term. Oh, you said ‘pain.’”

11 Likes

For any interested in a kinda technical presentation of the epidemiological picture to the best of our knowledge right now:

And then there’s this. Not exactly what I was thinking of when I mentioned “burning through medical staff,” but worth noting:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cornavirus-california-health-workers-isolation-quarantine-exposure

(Yeah, it’s Faux News, but the only report I have seen about this.)

9 Likes
17 Likes

And another

Another community acquired case.

12 Likes

ACAB.

14 Likes

May the rest of the planet forgive us, but the US is utterly fucked by for-profit medical “system” that no sane person among us ever wanted or asked for. I was born into this shithole, two generations after sane healthcare was taken off the table.

Am I on-board for what most of the world already had? Hells yeah. Will my taxes go up? Probably, but my out-of-pocket expense evaporates, my employers’ contribution shrinks, and my access to care goes up. So…probably a wash, but my odds of bankruptcy in the face of any cancer diagnosis or bad car accident disappear (all gone, like Casper - total ghost.)

22 Likes

Golly, is there anything tax cuts can’t do?

19 Likes

I heard they PAY for THEMSELVES :open_mouth:

12 Likes

They don’t even go Dutch!

5 Likes

OH GOOD THAT’S ABOUT TEN MILES AWAY FROM ME

portland is about to lose its shit

10 Likes

This. Pretty much worst case scenario, hitting an Elementary school. All those asymptomatic kids, spreading it far and wide.

7 Likes