Ongoing coronavirus happenings

I was involved in a clinical trial of an antiviral back in the 90s. It looked great in the lab and in initial trials. It took 3 dead kids before they pulled it. I have been intensly opposed to throwing unproven meds at stuff since. Right to try is just right to die.

27 Likes

9 Likes

There will be a first time a cop kills somebody for “breaking curfew”

and then a second time

People are grasping at straws to fix something that can’t be fixed by aggression and control

9 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

7 Likes

There is “shelter in place” around San Francisco now, and they’re talking about it in other places

4 Likes

To get clean clothes I need to get to the laundrette and to work the machines in the laundrette I need to get coins from the bank in town. The future is gross and smelly…

11 Likes

Stock up on coins!

6 Likes

But before the point gets lost, it will never be “business as usual” for those companies for that substance, as it was before.

1 Like

MAX HEADROOM IS REAL

7 Likes

Watch out for the Blixverts!

3 Likes

Let’s just take a moment to appreciate that the “key workers” whose kids still need to be allowed to go to school - nurses - are the same people who a few months ago were defined as “low skilled” workers because they earn less than £25600. The government really are a shower of bastards.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/18/uk-to-close-door-to-non-english-speakers-and-unskilled-workers

18 Likes

So, ok, my daughter came back from NYC last week after her college closed. She is staying with her boyfriend. His coworker just tested positive, they are going into quarantine. Fuckfuckfuck. If it was gonna hit my family, I figured it would be me. And I, of course, am totally bulletproof, so leave my kids the fuck alone! :cry:

32 Likes

Sending good Karma your way Doc.

Drinks are on the house.

20 Likes
9 Likes
12 Likes

“Several?” Fuck. I am saying that a lot recently. That fucking sucks.

16 Likes

It’s a pretty huge hospital.

Still - this is all primed to explode next week. Maybe over the weekend.

12 Likes
8 Likes
13 Likes

Hey thanks for really explaining this! I really appreciate you taking the time to write.

I have been looking for someone to take my place. I’d love to find that person. We just had to tell her cleaner to skip this entire month, as he was exposed to someone ill, and is now symptomatic with… something… could even be just a non-COVID-19 flu.

You are correct:

So we are waiting a few weeks before we hug our son “welcome back home.”

And we are trying to break the chain by self-isolating. We live quasi-far from nearly anything that can be called a town, and our neighbors rarely venture outdoors. Some days, it’s like I have the neighborhood to myself. The only exposure challenge right now is getting food for us all, and getting my mom’s prescriptions.

I am fortunate as most of my work projects this week have me alone, outside, mowing, digging, planting, pruning, weeding, and taking a few pictures before Texas turns into a giant frying pan to cook us all, pitilessly, every summer.

My workplace:

Texas bluebonnets

The white yarrow grows natively in so many places, including here. I have often used to stop bleeding (it works fast!). I am hoping that this medicinal angle makes at least one of the pictures on topic. :wink:

22 Likes