Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Your daughter is in good hands because she chose excellent parents.

I realize the quarantine is a massively screwed up situation. I don’t know if, but I hope she’s close by enough so, were it to become necessary, her mom or dad can step in, fully suited-up, to be with her if she seriously needs y’all.

It’s complicated, having kids this age. Their brains aren’t quite completely wired up yet, but they do act very much as autonomous beings. I hear girls finish their brain development sooner than boys so there’s that.

11 Likes

https://news.yahoo.com/study-says-high-temperature-high-213034915.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=ma

New study says ‘high temperature and high relative humidity significantly reduce’ spread of COVID-19

9 Likes

Agreed. Trialing is fraught even in better, non-crisis circumstances. The work continues…

11 Likes

For the smaller contract manufacturers, maybe not. For Pfizer and Teva, et al, not a chance. They’ll wait a while, bide their time, then present data and validation and monitoring plan (that automates the monitoring, rather than does anything meaningful to prevent recurrence), and most importantly, a big fat user fee check, and the FDA will roll over and let them.

4 Likes
12 Likes

“Let the old people die!” Yeah, about that…

13 Likes

Do you have any evidence to support your claim of inevitable recurrence of contamination? You’re welcome to your opinions on this, of course - big pharma is easy to hate because they do so much wrong… but big claims require big evidence… or it’s just your opinion.

any prediction of the future behavior of a person or group of people is “just your opinion”

2 Likes

Um, good?

15 Likes

Indeed. But in a rational discussion, it should be based on something rather than just being a pure flight of fancy passed off as fact.

1 Like

Let’s dust off this oldie but goodie: chloroquine (oh and the antiviral remdesivir)…

9 Likes

Test, test, test, and test again!

Waiting until people feel sick (if they ever do) means that they’ve been spreading infection for at least a week. And then authorities have to play catch-up to figure out who contacted them. We can’t win with that amount of lag-time.

17 Likes

To be clear, my stance is: fuck the businesses, pay the workers.

28 Likes

giphy (30)

16 Likes

Then there are these assholes.

14 Likes

A point that’s not being heard often nor nearly enough:

We do know, though, that quarantines and lockdowns are devastating for women who are experiencing domestic violence, as they are shut in with their abusers, who are already anxious from the pandemic and economic dislocation. If you are at risk, do reach out for help before a lockdown begins.

Source:

16 Likes

Twitter is (belatedly) getting on board the “delete dangerous misinformation” train…

… unless your account is @realDonaldTrump.

18 Likes

I can’t keep up with this whole thread so apologies if this is a re-post, but the LadyGoose and I have been following this tracker:

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en/test

I linked specifically the testing tab, which I only just discovered, but was what I was most curious about. In general O was suprised by how low the oositive rate was. However, NY’s positive hit ratio (23%) is much higher than other places which says to me WE ARE NOT TESTING ENOUGH! [staying home intensifies]

of course grains of salt and all, but they are very transparent about their sources.

11 Likes
26 Likes

28 Likes