Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Updated guidelines from the CDC recommend healthcare professionals use bandanas as face masks in a crisis

Unbelievable

Yes. Especially when I first read that as “bananas.” :dizzy_face:

16 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/business/states-grocery-workers-emergency-trnd/index.html

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz issued an executive order over the weekend that provides childcare for school-age children of emergency workers, which now encompasses grocery store employees.

The guidance following the order classifies “food distribution workers” as essential tier 2 employees for whom districts should provide childcare.

(And I am glad to see that childcare workers themselves are also classified as Essential Tier 2 Workers.)

17 Likes

Just look at them! please don’t infect them

12 Likes

And whatever you do, do not laugh at them.

11 Likes

This is leadership:

One thing I admire about AOC is that she is all about communication with her constituents. Not just some. Not just the richest. All.

26 Likes
14 Likes
7 Likes

Isn’t laughter the best medicine though?

8 Likes

What a contrast:

10 Likes

Might want to fact check anything he says:

21 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

12 Likes

Funnily enough, some employees seem to really want to go into the office. One of our executives just sent out another email reiterating that work from home is mandatory, and the only reason anyone should be in the office is a brief stop to gather up any materials they need to work from home.

7 Likes
5 Likes
12 Likes

Routine feels reassuring to many these days.

(Hence also Joe Fucking Biden)

5 Likes

Where something is least expected, it is where we find nothing good at all.

This is a quote from a Brazilian journalist who said we shouldn’t expect anything good from certain people.

3 Likes

Just cut the check for every adult. Make it taxable at a higher rate for rich people.

14 Likes

In a non-emergency case, I get it. I have the option to work from home basically any time I want to, and I take advantage of it only when I’m feeling sick, a few days a year, because I have a much easier time focusing on work when I’m at the office.

2 Likes

(After 4 months patient enrollment, 6 months observation and follow-up, 3 months of data analysis, and 5 months to review & approve.)

6 Likes

About that…

7 Likes