Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Maybe he is experiencing time dilation.

5 Likes

I have been thinking that issuing a government funded credit card would be the easiest solution for bailing out every person. They could load it each month of this crisis with $$ (say a basic income) and set a reasonable limit on it, with a payback plan that starts a year after the crisis is over. They can then tax back the rich and everyone else would pay back the extra they spend with it. This all would be hell of a lot easier to administer than the piece meal every gov’t seems willing to do for the people who yell loudest for money.

5 Likes

The stupid - it burns!

5 Likes

You want people to spend right now - don’t have them worrying about paying back.

Also - every landlord doesn’t accept credit cards, just cut a damn check - then the next one- make the banks cash them even if you don’t have an account.

11 Likes

Australia raises the drawbridge to the world:

And Tasmania raises the drawbridge to Australia:

16 Likes

There’s an old saying in the industrial world: “Just breathe through your glove, you’ll be fine.”

8 Likes

true that, but credit cards can do cash back and I don’t know a landlord who won’t accept cash. The problem with the piecemeal approach to helping people is trying to administer it NOW when there aren’t the people to do the administering, not to mention the bureaucracy gums up the works. My prime minister admitted today that the EI checks likely won’t be in the mail for a month or more and people who live paycheck to paycheck need the money now. Thankfully most provinces aren’t allowing landlords to evict right now, but people still need to eat. This shitshow is just going to get bigger before it gets better.

3 Likes

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/is-one-generation-better-at-self-quarantining-than-others-gen-x-might-have-a-leg-up/

4 Likes

22 Likes

It’s different in the US. Getting credit cards out wouldn’t be quicker.

2 Likes

The GoP would be prob be happy giving everybody $20 Applebees gift cards instead.

10 Likes

Trump Steaks for everyone!

10 Likes

Surprised nobody has said anything about that giant font. (All because he’s too damn vain to wear glasses or contacts.)

6 Likes

If only these screens were available on the market …

1 Like

flexible enough to fit up my butt?

2 Likes

Just saw this. The degree of rage and indignation I feel about this just cannot be put into a post. Use a bandana? Seriously? Like this?

What a fucking mess.

20 Likes

Well, in a sense, this is true. Chloroquine is a well established drug with a very good safety profile. I could write prescriptions for it today. And frequently do, if patients are travelling to malaria prone areas. What is not clear is what dose and duration is appropriate for this disease, does it have to be paired with azithromycin, what to expect in terms of response and side effects. As an aside, @BakaNeko, while this study is certainly encouraging, any study claiming 100% effectiveness for anything at all sets my alarm bells ringing. I am very hopeful that chloroquine will pan out as effective, but more study is needed before we hang our hat on this.

22 Likes

G+Ts for the lot of us!

6 Likes

That is nauseating. We do not need this money. Most in my income bracket do not. Why the hell stiff the poorest among us? Oh, right, Trump.

18 Likes

I’m hardly convinced anything can be done

In the meantime we get several months of people freaking out and looking for somebody to punish

3 Likes