Ongoing coronavirus happenings

yup, ridiculous decision making at the best of times. In the current timeline it is criminal. Not that they care about that, of course.

11 Likes

WHAT A COMPLETE FUCKHEAD

This man is a deranged, dangerous man to have near the nuclear codes. A disgrace.

14 Likes

Doc, since you are the holder of the official badge of debunking medical bullshit on this board: do you keep track?

Is there a collection already somewhere you know of?

I fear that if I start looking, I fall not into a rabbit hole, but a hole full of rabids.

3 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-called-coronavirus-unforeseen-problem-warned-potential-catastrophic/story?id=69544158&cid=clicksource_4380645_2_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed

Unshockingly, the exact systemic breakdowns were foreseen years ahead of time, nothing was done, now here we are.

11 Likes

I’m sure this will do a lot to encourage people to seek medical help if they think they’re infected.

16 Likes

I hope this is the moment they realize that their god emperor had failed in invest in their infrastructure

Also

12 Likes

The latest Oz hoarding thing is that non-asthmatics are buying up all of the Ventolin (Albuterol) supply, apparently on the idea that it might help them if they get sick.

Needless to say, the asthmatics who depend upon it are displeased.

22 Likes

For people interested in budget ventilators

10 Likes
5 Likes

Governor Pritzker of Illinois just gave a briefing that showed how you’re supposed to handle these things. Everything about it was reassuring and respectful (and in ASL, and Spanish).

Illinois now officially has a stay-at-home order from Saturday at 5:00pm to April 7th. People will still be allowed to go to grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Emphasis on DON’T RUSH OUT NOW, it’ll all still be there in a few days anyway. Experts were called to give explanations. Questions were answered, not railed against. It was explained carefully and in a way that should be understood by anyone from any political persuasion WHY this is being done.

15 Likes

It’s super important to stay on message during a crisis, because confusion can be lethal. But this is the wrong message.

9 Likes

Jinx!!!

2 Likes

When the doctor face palms when we are not supposed to do it you done fucked up.

14 Likes

Brazilian engineer creates a network of designers, engineers, makers and enthusiasts to 3D print ICU equipment used in treatment against coronavirus.

Thabata is a biomedical engineer specializing in 3D printing prostheses for children. Now she wants to help Covid-19 patients who need hospital equipment like artificial respirators.

“The idea is to come together to identify the broken equipment in public hospitals that would be used to treat critically ill coronavirus patients. From there, we will design the pieces on the computer and do their 3D printing ”, explains Thabata.

15 Likes

#notAllBillionairePoliticians

4 Likes

our generation has never dealt with a disaster that went on so long it became boring before

we don’t know what people are going to do instead when they get tired of hoarding for no reason

13 Likes

Pretty sure they will try to sell it all on eBay.

2 Likes

24 Likes
21 Likes

11 Likes