Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Maybe Pelosi and Schumer were invited and said, “No thanks, we’re social distancing!” I mean, half the congressional GOP are exposed at this point. Would you want to stand in that room with them? I wouldn’t, at least not without a Class IV biohazard suit.

Just look at them!

18 Likes
18 Likes

GSG

19 Likes

The Quarantinials.

10 Likes
11 Likes

map

nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html

12 Likes

Ed Yong called them “Generation C” in The Atlantic.

(Somewhat recommended read.)

8 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, @DukeTrout, and thanks @milliefink for the deletion! I very much appreciate this.

In general, @everyone: if you are looking for info, please check official sources.

If you do not trust your local authorities, look for other authorities and not for news sites or social media posts, including even this topic or anything posted on this BBS or Boing boing.

If you understand German, try the RKI.
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Steckbrief.html

If not, try the WHO.
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

There are tons of trustworthy sources out there. Please use them.

(Hopefully unnecessary comment FTR)

So far, nearly every major service I recently used on multiple devices directs me to websites with info, and most I checked were government info which can be trusted. Spotify, Google Maps and Google Assistant, Siri, Amazon’s services, whatever.

I am not in favour of trusting politicians. I am not in favour of trusting government, in general. I love when people use their own brain.

Part of this is to know when to trust health advice from the authorities.

Stay safe.

13 Likes

Not that he will care, of course, but FTR…

28 Likes

He’s paying attention, no MAGA aka Klan rallies yet.

Maybe he’s waiting until Easter.

5 Likes

He is truly the best at cyber.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/della_morte_/status/1243500255192272899

That’s just 'cause he doesn’t want to get sick.

25 Likes
19 Likes

Never ending assholery. Honest to god…

28 Likes

The stupid SOB doesn’t understand how razor thin his “victory” in Michigan was in 2016.

Guess what, mothereffer, we have no-excuse-needed absentee ballots now, and the Secretary of State is about to mail applications to everyone who will have an election on May 5. It will happen again for November, if this virus continues to run rampant thanks to your malfeasance.

25 Likes

Who are we CoronavirusMakers.org?
March 24, 2020
Views: 3273

We are thousands of volunteers online, working as a team to meet the needs of many while our society accelerates protection measures for all.

In addition to our daily work (which we do from home) we spend every free minute coordinating, researching, printing, messing around, communicating, standardizing, analyzing, producing …

… but we are coordinated. We have a national coordination group that brings together research references, maps action groups, and distributes tasks. We collaborate with the security forces, hospitals, industrial fabric, and universities to launch initiatives and offer solutions.

You can be part of this, but don’t speak for us. If you want to be part, find out and help. Disinformation is of no use to us. To join, you cannot be working in isolation. You have to be part of your regional group, and from there jump to the national one.

13 Likes

But his emails.

27 Likes

Hasn’t he been violating both of those acts constantly over the last 3 years?

20 Likes

19 Likes

Serious proposal, stop covering what Donald Trump says. Four years late is better than never.

19 Likes