Ongoing coronavirus happenings

19 Likes

37 Likes

More on the scapegoating starting right now. Who was it who said we shouldn’t start laying blame on Trump and the Republicans while we were still in the middle of the pandemic? They certainly aren’t that naive, and soon they’ll own the main media narrative.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/ron-desantis-previews-the-trumpist-line-on-whos-to-blame-for-covid-19

13 Likes

hits buzzer

What swing state is home to Mar-a-Lago?

32 Likes

Trumpian Triage.

8 Likes

Plot, meet thickener.

The Nation’s National Affairs correspondent tweeted this:

23 Likes

fatal

COVID-19 fatalities per day in the U.S.

7 Likes

(deleted)

4 Likes

just more static from the noise machine in his head

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/coronavirus/trump-quarantine-new-york-connecticut-new-jersey-coronavirus-1.43504074

9 Likes

No, it can not rule out an infection on a definite basis.

For fucks sake, in times like this, communication is fucking important. Those fuckers are giving a fucking 100% certainly when there is no such thing in reality.

At least put “almost certainly” instead. Better give an explanation. Ah, fuck. I hope they are religious and will burn in hell.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Those guys all chose to get on a cruise ship on March 7th. I’m going to save my sympathy for people who didn’t do something extremely reckless, and got it anyway. For example because their job requires them to risk exposure.

8 Likes

Quote in this must-read piece:

[Bergstrom:] Every twist and turn that the pandemic takes is seized upon by one side or other to claim that some fraction of us are incompetent if not outright mendacious.

Source:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ct_bergstrom/status/1243252341756669953

Emphasis mine. Everyone here, please keep in mind: since all models are wrong the scientist must be alert to what is importantly wrong.

But, and that’s a big BUT - the scientist, or better: the scientific community is discussing what is importantly wrong. Politics must choose, and choose wisely.

Everyone, please be aware that different models exist. And that some people are using this information better than others.

ETA: Read. This. Twitter. Thread.

14 Likes

This probably should have its own thread. If Trump is really forcing the disestablishment of a reservation for personal gain, that might just be the worst thing he has done while POTUS.

12 Likes
  1. If the food is good enough, the grunts will stop complaining about the incoming fire.

Source

8 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

Researchers from the from the United States, Britain and Australia looked at piles of data released by scientists around the world for clues about the virus’ evolutionary past, and found it might have made the jump from animal to humans long before the first detection in the central China city of Wuhan.
Though there could be other possibilities, the scientists said the coronavirus carried a unique mutation that was not found in suspected animal hosts, but was likely to occur during repeated, small-cluster infections in humans.

13 Likes
8 Likes

It’s harder to travel in Finland than crossing border to Sweden.

9 Likes