Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Yup, we are kind of conditioned to ignore medical advice that might be inconvenient. Might this change that? I truly think not, but we shall see.

11 Likes

No logic to panic. Your analytical brain shuts down. Thatā€™s when people get fucking terrifying.

13 Likes

Same with the Walmart I was at, tonight. Toilet paper, bottled water, hand sanitizer. But Kleenex is fully stocked (flu symptoms, people. You will want it.) and tons and tons of makeup removal wipes, but no hand wipes. Guess what is basically soap on a cloth? Using a sink is preferable, but these are better than nothing when you donā€™t have one.

ā€œRationalā€ is not driving people.

13 Likes

Good advice, anytime. Those things are incubators for Noro.

17 Likes

Havenā€™t you heard? Costcoā€™s out of everything!

4 Likes

Oh damn it, I just got the missus to understand that the whole Vitamin C thing was an epic Dunning Krugerism.

Le sigh.

3 Likes

Work is making all of us who donā€™t need to be there work from home the next three weeks. Ugh.

8 Likes

Aaargh.

16 Likes
14 Likes

So very, very fucked.

Also:

12 Likes

Iā€™ve been feeling pretty run down the past couple of weeks with a slight cough. I think most of it is a combination of stress and seasonal allergies, but fucking hell all the ā€œOMG weā€™re all gonna dieā€ is just further compounding everything at this point.

16 Likes

I didnā€™t see the interview, but possibly this is on the minds of footie reporters because of the cancellations in Serie A, or perhaps upcoming Champions League trips to countries like Italy and Germany where the virus is well-established. These soccer stadiums hold a lot of people.

1 Like

They tell me that I need to wash my hands like a surgeon, and not touch my face. The not infrequent sneezing, and the constant itching add an extra layer of complication.

6 Likes
18 Likes

WTF? No, you know what, I do not want to know!

9 Likes

Did they use protection!?

Nah, Iā€™m not looking either :disappointed:

8 Likes

Sneezing on her would be so satisfying. (Spitting even more so, but it would be harder to pretend that was an accident.)

5 Likes

ā€œAs the coronavirus spreads, one study predicts that even the best-case scenario is 15 million dead and a $2.4 trillion hit to global GDPā€

Headlines like this make me want to stay in bed.

9 Likes

Thanks for this. The sun doesnā€™t shine a whole lot in SE Michigan, so natural absorption is harder to obtain here. Itā€™s now on my errand list for today.

7 Likes

This is painfully funny.

Emphasis on the word painfully.

7 Likes