Ongoing coronavirus happenings

9 Likes

Late in his career, research by Dr. Salpeter and his wife, Miriam Salpeter, an expert in cell biology and a neurobiologist at Cornell, contributed to the understanding and treatment of neuromuscular disorders like myasthenia gravis. She died in 2000 at the age of 71.

5 Likes

Who needs experts, eh?

3 Likes
11 Likes

It’s a “laziness” of golf carts.

24 Likes
5 Likes

Why the bleep is this bleeped? What the bleeb? Doesn’t have American other things to worry about which contaminate everyone?

That said, I want a dual language Werner Herzog version. Please.

Also, *FFS, and I can’t stress this enough:
FOR FUCKS SAKE:
Europe is heading for a catastrophic situation in it’s refugee camps

Via tagesschau.de:

Greek refugee camp under quarantine
9:27 a.m.

The Greek Coronavirus Crisis Staff quarantined a refugee camp in northern Athens for 14 days. As the state broadcaster reported, the coronavirus had previously been found in a woman after the birth of her child earlier this week. Subsequently, 20 other refugees in the Ritsona camp were tested positive for the virus. In the Ritsona camp - where an estimated 3,000 people live - the situation is nowhere near as bad as in the completely overcrowded camps on the islands in the east of the Aegean.

If this reaches the island camps, especially the infamous Moria camp, and OF COURSE IT WILL, we have fucked up so massively that I can’t even comprehend the scale of it. Institutions have been warning for weeks now. We need to close these camps right now and distribute the refugees, of course with quarantine, and dissolve the situation.

Fuck it, I am an atheist, but the only thing I feel I can do is pray.

I will write to my MP today. We need to fix this. It is our fucking duty.

18 Likes

Vote. Him. Out.

Seriously, put this on heavy rotation during the next campaign. With a timestamp.

5 Likes

President of Dumbfuckistan? That beggars belief.

It’s pretty impressive how he tries to deflect from his own ignorance by stating this is new information jusr received and the doctors say it’s a game changer. I mean he’s presenting himself as a responsible conduit of scientific information.

Doomed.

7 Likes
3 Likes

PSA:

8 Likes
13 Likes

Amazon says it fired a guy for breaking pandemic rules. Same guy who organized a staff protest over a lack of coronavirus protection

21 Likes

Maybe for a very limited definjtion of “we?” Him and the mouse I his pocket?

10 Likes

Summary

1. New weekly US unemployment claims hit a record high of 6.6m as the effects of the pandemic bite
  2. Earlier there was record jump in the number of people applying for unemployment benefit in Spain
  3. The sudden increase in those signing up is powerful evidence that the coronavirus crisis is an economic emergency
  4. A total of 2,921 people have now died from coronavirus in the UK, according to the Department of Health and Social Care
  5. Health Secretary Matt Hancock is expected to outline how the government hopes to achieve “a significant increase” in testing
  6. The number of infections globally will reach a million within days, the head of the World Health Organization says
  7. There is growing concern in several countries about supplies of protection equipment for medical workers

c59f8430-4784-4825-8245-5bce00ce0806

11 Likes
11 Likes

New and very welcome account on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RishiDesaiMD/with_replies

Pediatric infectious disease physician and Chief Medical Officer at Osmosis: osmosis.org. Formerly worked at the CDC investigating viral disease outbreaks. [emphasis mine]

Got to that account by first watching Dr. Desai in this interview:

25 Likes

I love this…

28 Likes

The look on her face is priceless. “Oh shit he was prepared with facts. This does not compute. Must cut to commercial.” Very good odds he will never be invited back to Fox, I would suspect.

31 Likes

“Devin dear, please sit down and shut up. No one gives a rusty fuck what you think.”

-Devin Nunes’ mom

21 Likes