Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Considering the already established link between smoking and bad outcomes with covid, this would be pretty much expected. Kudos to the group doing the legwork to support it, though. It will make defending the suspension of EPA enforcement more obviously hypocritical. Even though this administration seems to glory in that. :angry:

22 Likes

Even Dubya was significantly more on the ball than Trump is on this sort of thing

18 Likes

By hilarious coincidence, my sense of smell has been surprisingly acute the past few days. It is quite curious, but mostly reassuring.

5 Likes

Desperation? I am now carrying a tiny bottle of mint eextract in my pocket to use for a quick and dirty screen. Can’t get tests, and if we do it’s 10 day turnaround. The loss of smell thing is only around 60% sensitive, and not terribly specific, but gives me another data point. Yeah that reaks of desperation. (Ba-dump-dump)

32 Likes
15 Likes
23 Likes

U.K. prime minister admitted to hospital with Coronavirus symptoms

7 Likes
4 Likes

Matt Hancock (Health Secretary) who tested positive for coronavirus last week, is back on the news after seven days in isolation.

Despite being obviously still ill. His voice is nasal.

12 Likes

Are the bears ok?

17 Likes

Umm… I think maybe this had more to do with it:

after threatening village officials and police with a scythe at a coronavirus checkpoint

11 Likes

Thanks for this.
I was hesitant to post a direct link to Cory’s blog after his departure/ouster/etc.
So it looks like we can post links to Pluralistic. Noted!

6 Likes

11 posts back

3 Likes
5 Likes

No TP anywhere here in NoVa for over a two weeks now.

Fucking bullshit. There are literally 3 paper mills within a 3hr radius from here.

Prob supplying all the paper to the WH so trump can print out his tweets and amazing stock rallies for signing to his adoring fans.

May he pass choking on his lung congestion alone in some hungry rat infested basement bunker.

8 Likes

Ugh, the thread underneath that.

Sample:

13 Likes

That’s just gas. He is farting on America.

18 Likes

Oh, god. Well, that explains it.

5 Likes

Looks like they’re on track for a 6-10 season.

3 Likes

That’s just the face of an old man wondering whether to go for a shit or look for the TV remote.

26 Likes