Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Oh sure, stuff from his blog has been posted on here before. One of the mods even worked on the technical gubbins…

4 Likes

Tip I just learned. Try Staples of Office Despot. It will be sized for the office bathroom but at least it is TP.

9 Likes

And that’s thanks to the GOP since Regan, gutting the rural health initiative.

11 Likes

That source ran dry in SE Michigan 3 weeks ago. :worried:

6 Likes

Pro TP Tip indeed!

They are out too.

7 Likes

Last place I saw TP was the tiny Mexican grocery down the road from us. 2 weeks ago.

8 Likes

Hey, it’s Springtime, the leaves are new and soft.

13 Likes

The Sunday Newspaper and scissors?

5 Likes

Peel a paper towel in half.

4 Likes

But don’t flush it!

8 Likes

Or the newspaper!

8 Likes

Nor the ■■■■■ wipes, if lucky enough to have found those.

10 Likes

Oh - the building management sent out a letter to everyone about those. Not happy.

10 Likes
14 Likes
21 Likes
13 Likes

a link to natgeo with some more info.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2020/04/tiger-coronavirus-covid19-positive-test-bronx-zoo/

including this depressing tidbit:

Big cats like tigers and lions are already facing a litany of threats to their survival in the wild. If COVID-19 jumps to wild big cat populations and becomes a significant cause of mortality, the virus could develop into a very serious concern for the future of these species.

17 Likes

deaths

Daily New Deaths in the United States

6 Likes

Interpret with great caution. Previous weekend numbers have been wonky.

26 Likes

at the store where i work, it comes and goes almost immediately.

a part of the issue is our distributor has limited store orders to just over 100% of last year’s average. they are doing this all over the country, and just outright canceling any orders that exceed the limit.

meanwhile, while we only have about half the number of normal customers the store is still doing about 2x sales. so the buyers are incredibly constrained in what they can order to keep the shelves full of food, let alone tp.

even limiting sales to one per customer, we don’t seem to make it more than a few hours after a shipment before we’re out of tp again. ( not staff tp though. get your damn dirty hands off the store’s tp please. )

the other part of the issue is probably that shift from people being at work or school with commercial tp and now everyone being at home with consumer grade tp.

things do seem to be settling down a bit, tho. maybe it will be somewhat normal again (tp wise) soon.

on other fronts, we’re keeping the number of shoppers in the store to less than a dozen. social distancing is still a bit fraught. i’d guess people are averaging about 3 feet of distance. but, it’s something.

nearly everyone is wearing masks now: workers and shoppers. i see some masks that look medical grade, and i really wonder where people are getting them from, and why they aren’t donating them to the hospitals instead.

13 Likes