Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Or a recent Marvel movie. But that would require people to not be holding their phone, so nevermind.

1 Like

The private sector loves a new disease. The private sector will wait until everybody has it and then sell us a treatment that we need to take every day for the rest of our lives.

ā€œIā€™m speaking nonsense because I need you to perceive us as succeeding even as we do nothing.ā€

7 Likes
17 Likes

SAAS - Survival As A Service

10 Likes

19 Likes

headdesk

12 Likes

Florida Dead Man.

9 Likes

WHAT? I mean, seriously folks, do you just not want to survive? How is this even a thing???

17 Likes

jeebus people just bow already.

thereā€™s a huge range of expression, and maybe a few people here and there ( including people in both the largest city on the planet, and separately the largest country ) who already do as a matter of course.

4 Likes

Before the one we serve? So we can get what we deserve?

8 Likes

Florida Man doesnā€™t give a fuck. In between the gator wrestling tonight and the meth-addled Walmart rampage heā€™s got scheduled for tomorrow, coronavirus doesnā€™t even register.

Since Rick Scott got elected, their government is Florida Man, too.

7 Likes

Like many of Floridaā€™s problems, heā€™s an invasive species.

born, Bloomington, Illinois, 1962

17 Likes

A political kudzu if you will.

13 Likes

They should really report that to the Department of Fish and Wildlife. You ignore it for too long and it will get out of hand.

8 Likes

Jimmy Kimmel is promoting the ā€œpatell-oā€ where you nod and someone and then lift a leg off the ground to touch knees. I was shocked I could not find a gif.

3 Likes

I was thinking snakehead.

11 Likes

But this is starting to happen. Iā€™m seeing it, both personally among colleagues and in the news. It is looser in the USA, though. Not like China, where you might get shot if you try to fuck around with the government watchers stationed outside your apartment building.

We might face a ā€œcrackdownā€ if the epidemic becomes more than a few hundred or even low thousands of cases. Not sure yet.

1 Like

Some people are doing it. In China, it was everyone in the affected areas.

7 Likes
12 Likes

I say again. :pray:

8 Likes