giphy

Or:
giphy (1)

13 Likes

12 Likes

“Ah, the formal greeting. You honor us!”

9 Likes

Sycophants and ass-kissers. Great.

Did I forget to bring up the many crimes I’ve committed? Allow me to rectify that while focusing the attention during this crisis exactly where it belongs: on me, and how impossibly perfect I am.

Fuck this guy with one of the saguaro he ordered cut down for his fucking worthless, useless wall.

23 Likes

My question is how do the actual scientists there resist the urge to call him out? Or just dogpile him? I can barely restrain myself now!

20 Likes

The Secret Service guys have their weapons drawn at all press conferences.

18 Likes

Ah, yeah, that would do it…

10 Likes

We’ll see how much of a natural expert he is when the bad news starts rolling in.

5 Likes

“Starts?” It has started. It just hasn’t affected him personally. And that is the only effect he cares about.

15 Likes

I suppose “escalates wildly” would have been a better term.

3 Likes

Numbers from NYC were at 22 last night, 33 this morning and 44 this evening. Almost certainly an artifact of testing availability, but very indicative of the mess we are in. Megacities make great incubators, esp if (when) it gets into the homeless population. Lots linked to a single case, a lawyer from the area. My bet is that his contacts are pretty well off and high priority for care and testing.

15 Likes

no, you cant that away from me. :wink:

[edit] honestly, yeah. we probably do need a rebranding. “bow” has such negative connotations in english, when japanese style is just polite. i’d give the nod to some new word, i guess

5 Likes

Rick Scott meets with a constituent

snake

9 Likes
5 Likes
14 Likes
11 Likes

This is a personal favor to Trump.

1 Like

holy mole sauce, batman. that’s huge.
it’s such a big event, it’s even hard to describe if you’ve never attended. ( music concerts, label events, film releases: indy and main-stream, the tech conference, art shows, and on. )

it’ll be a hit to the local, maybe even state economy. ( though also probably a sigh of relief to most of the people who live there. so. crowded. )

8 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/health/coronavirus-older-people-social-distancing/index.html

Dr. William Schaffner, a Vanderbilt University professor and longtime adviser to the CDC, said these two groups should strongly consider avoiding activities that involve large crowds, such as traveling by airplane, going to movie theaters, attending family events, shopping at crowded malls, and going to religious services.

People in these two groups “should strongly consider not doing these activities at this juncture,” Schaffner said.

“This ought to be top of mind for people over 60, and those with underlying health problems, such as heart or lung disease, diabetes, or compromised immune systems,” Schaffner added. “The single most important thing you can do to avoid the virus is reduce your face to face contact with people.”

Michael Osterholm, the former state epidemiologist for Minnesota, agreed that people over age 60 should take such steps.

“I think clearly the time has come to take these steps,” said Osterholm, who has served on committees advising the federal government on public health issues and is director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.

Both experts, who are over age 60, said they have taken some of these steps themselves.

7 Likes