Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Fake. It’s all fake.

https://theweek.com/speedreads-amp/900488/chinas-coronavirus-recovery-all-fake-whistleblowers-residents-claim

The point is twofold: in China, it wasn’t voluntary. It was coordinated and enforced. And in the USA, it’s voluntary… It’s happening… But it’s spotty and disorganized.

4 Likes

It’s fine, guys. Trump says it’s been contained.

11 Likes

“Mission accomplished”? Sounds way too grammatically complex for Mr. Trump.

4 Likes

Add Microsoft to the coronavirus tech company list.

8 Likes
8 Likes

You have to paint it pink first.

4 Likes

Re: Trump muses that he could’ve become a research scientist instead of president.

Fat chance. His uncle hogged all the brain cells of the family:

8 Likes
13 Likes

Worst teaser headline evar!

I guess this would have been too long?

Stephen Harper, Mike Pence attend conference where two other people test positive for COVID-19

8 Likes
15 Likes

The wordy version:

13 Likes
12 Likes

So this is the email I came into the office to this morning:

“There is a shortage of N95 mask, and we are currently unable to order them. Beverly and I were able to get enough to provide each primary care and pediatric clinics with a handful of N95. There is definitely not enough for each employee and these are not to be reused so we do advise that these only be used in highly suspicious cases only. The availability to get more in the future is unknown at this time.”

Yeah, I’m feeling pretty good about this. We already have practices putting up notices that if you “may have covid-19, do not come here. Go to the ER.” That is terrible advice, if I might add!

23 Likes

Well…fuck…

19 Likes

Suspending those rules should be a no-brainer. Better for the environment, lets airlines cut costs while their business is in the toilet.

24 Likes

You really wonder why common sense can’t prevail in a situation like this. It’s not a liberal/conservative dichotomy at all. (I can’t help but point out that ‘conservative’, in fact, is SUPPOSED to be for something like this. It’s right in the name.)

17 Likes

(Uber waived the fee.)

9 Likes

So, having a thin skinned man-baby running things in a crisis might, maybe, be a bad idea?

15 Likes

Trump: “What do I care if people in Washington die? They weren’t going to vote for me anyway.”

12 Likes

Pence seems to be doing better than expected. Donnie will have to dump him.

some have adequacy thrust upon 'em.

15 Likes