Ongoing coronavirus happenings

It’s a 14 minute interview. There are no subtitles and my translation skills are shit.

5 Likes

OK, posted this on another thread, but I think it’s important and bears repeating.

Get your sleep. Sleep is the immune system’s time to go into overdrive.

This has even led to melatonin being considered as an adjuvant (booster, if you will) treatment for COVID-19.

And, in my personal N=2 sized study, teenagers are easier to deal with after they get lots and lots of sleep… way easier…

18 Likes

Oh, thank you! Not that my Finnish exceeds Llevan polkka * and I could understand a thing, but I (wrongly, I now think) assumed they were just quoting him without context.

ETA: he’s not wrong that the second wave will be more difficult when it hits during the cold season. The rest of the short summary: I honestly don’t know, and I, for one, am having my fingers crossed for more research on every field to inform decisions. Making decisions is going to be tough. Really, really tough.

* I know it’s in an easter dialect, I just wanted to bring it up since I actually learned to sing that in canon once…

4 Likes

This has been known for a while. Half the “problem” with teenagers is we jam them on a schedule that doesn’t properly reflect when and how they sleep. Massive hormonal changes + sleep deprivation = extremely poor emotional regulation.

22 Likes

Easier said than done. The stuff that is going on is the kind of stuff that doesn’t allow me to sleep well. Perhaps people sleep better when they are less stressed, so the root cause is stress and lack of sleep is just a side effect. Correlation doesn’t imply causation and all that jazz. It’s very difficult to force yourself or force others to sleep more.

10 Likes

AngryMiller

18 Likes

Along those lines:

12 Likes

Uh, this is good? Messaging here is consistently contradictory.

Always have to question my sanity when dear leader has a comment that makes sense.

12 Likes

Um, Politico… There’s a little something on your nose there.

How could they not point out Trump’s mixed-messaging (two-faced lies) on that?

5 Likes

Just the facts ma’am

2 Likes

I followed this link certain it was ,leading to something like The Onion. It did not. Damn, what a stupid timeline!

13 Likes

DAMN. What a fucking asshole!

22 Likes

I would certainly be in favor of allowing states to use the bankruptcy route

Fuck you Mitch!

I want my good friend Vic to have a conversation with Senator McConnell.

11 Likes

And @nightflyer, this one made me laugh-cry…

20 Likes

Speaking of things that tick me off,

I know, grifters gotta grift but November is coming, and these assholes need to know there is price to pay, damn it all!

16 Likes

Step one: don’t have a toddler.

22 Likes

For the conspiracy theorists out there, who won’t listen because “they” are in on it, of course:

21 Likes
24 Likes

32 Likes

A bunch of survey info that confirms the obvious

11 Likes