Ongoing coronavirus happenings

And, they have given up.

16 Likes

He won’t be able to vote from home.

9 Likes

If those running the country don’t have provisions for doing it remotely, I’d say that’s more of a bug than a feature.

2 Likes

Best estimate presented at a webinar for the American Hospital Association estimates a total 480,000 COVID-19 deaths in the US.

Let’s try to do our best to slow the spread down.

15 Likes

This matches the numbers I have seen. Which is not good.

13 Likes

I couldn’t disagree more.

It is already a crime to keep them from reaching the job.

democracy requires that you show up.

If you have to show up and infect other people, it is definitely a flaw. (Also wondering if we really could have got through all of the cold war threat modeling without accounting for things like this.)

5 Likes

I have to believe there is a “continuity of government” plan for something like this.

11 Likes

its official - trump’s been exposed:

22 Likes

:pray: :pray: :pray: :fu:

17 Likes

Virus vs bacteria?

6 Likes

Aren’t most AirBnBs whole houses (apartments, whatever)? I feel like it’s been years since I’ve heard of people using it by the room (but maybe that’s just my demographics or something).

3 Likes

Holy crap.

I’ve been imagining the effect of seeing headlines saying 10,000 or 20,000 dead would have on people – which, while shocking, would actually simply be the difference between a mild flu season and a less-mild one, and yet imagine the response.

480,000 is, well, and order of magnitude higher.

8 Likes

There are anything from single rooms on up to whole houses, condos and apartments. It ranges from sketchy AF to posh. Caveat emptor.

2 Likes
3 Likes

11 Likes

Since Mr. Cruz is fixin’ to self-quarantine in the great State of Texas, surely he’s just as concerned about the health of our fellow Texans as I am.

Here’s sum’n:

Might could git one for Mr. Cornyn!
6 Likes

Buckle up!

The stock market circuit breakers were tripped in early trading to stop it from crashing too far.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-08/rout-in-u-s-stock-futures-would-trigger-trading-curbs-at-5

Circuit breakers triggered limits on a harrowing plunge in U.S. stock futures, but they’re also leaving traders in the dark as to how big losses may eventually get.

In the midst of financial-market spasms as the day began in Asia Monday, trading in some of the world’s most popular equity contracts went quiet when declines reached 5%, setting off Chicago Mercantile Exchange limits that keep prices from falling further.

11 Likes

Thanks, that looks like really useful information to keep handy!

I’m curious what the asterisks are for, in the “cough” section. Could you give a link to the source of the graphic? (or am I not seeing something?)

3 Likes

Google images says it’s a screenshot. Thanks, Google images!

4 Likes