Ongoing coronavirus happenings

I’ve seen a similar message in Portuguese alerting about the disinformation (or it was the disinformation itself, I don’t remember).
I’m not sure if it also involved crack or cannabis, but it definitively had another drug also listed.

It is shocking that this is probably an intentional FUD campaign by some trolls.

4 Likes

And only slightly less damage!

4 Likes

Snorting hand sanitizer in 3, 2…

10 Likes

(removes Purell nozzle from nostrel and looks around suspiciosly) - Huh? What?

12 Likes

Innovation:

Time-Changing Hand Sanitiser by Pino Wang and Frank Chou

“This design for Time-Changing Hand Sanitiser by Pino Wang and Frank Chou sees the liquid’s colour change as the user rubs it into their hands, in a bid to make the process of thoroughly washing your hands less boring.”

“The product aims to encourage people to wash their hands for at least 30 seconds by allowing them to “experience a little magic” as the colour changes from pink to purple and finally to blue. This also lets them know when the correct amount of time has been spent on washing.” Via Dezeen

13 Likes

Droll English doctor’s take on the situation. No quibbles with his data and I love his presentation.

8 Likes

Ouch, CNN. Could the day’s top news possibly be any worse?

Narrator: And then came Tuesday.

14 Likes

That’s a good thing, really. There are now automatic brakes in place so that if the market starts to run haywire, it’ll automatically stop for 15 minutes so that everyone has a chance to cool down and stop panicking. This was the first time those brakes came into play, and they worked as planned. Yay!

19 Likes

Straws! Something to grasp at! THANK YOU!

13 Likes

FYI

“The UK government has created a special unit designed to combat Russian disinformation about the novel coronavirus after the US accused Moscow of spreading a series of conspiracy theories seeking to blame the West for the virus.”

Meanwhile trump and Co. will amplify the conspiracy theories.

9 Likes
17 Likes

As if further evidence of exactly just how fucked the US is was at all required. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

18 Likes

And the next straw to grasp is making the downturn STICK to Trump. He can’t take credit while things are good and then not take the blame when things are bad, try as he might. No. He gets the whole kit & kaboodle. His poor, slow, lie-filled response to the virus is what failed to calm investors.

Shall we call it:

The Trump Recession
The Trump Stock Market Crash
The Trump Slump

?

Forever his name needs to be associated with what’s happening to the world economy. He owns this. It’s the black swan that will get rid of him. As sucky as an even worse economy will be for billions of people, it is the necessary thing so we can get back to normal and good. We need to get rid of this guy and his gang of evil clowns.

8 Likes

Seen yesterday while driving. Lorain, Ohio.

14 Likes

If it calms people down, so that they start doing rational things, I don’t have a complaint.

I wonder how fast those money-suck-engines known as Mega Churches will be to close down, because packing thousands of people in close proximity is a real bad idea right now?

15 Likes

I find this a little less than reassuring. Like imagine you were on a train that started going at runaway speeds and an emergency system engaged, causing the train to break and stop. But then you don’t evacuate the train and wait for one that doesn’t have a dangerous flaw, you wait 15 minutes, start the train up against and hope this time is different.

I don’t understand how I’m supposed to stop touching my face.

22 Likes
13 Likes

So we vote for a representative of a representative ?

So we vote for which ISP they use ?

They need to show up. We voted for them to show up for us.

It is dangerous this politics game. They need no more coddling.

Image discoverPHL.com

Good morning PHLCVB Members and Partners:

Last night the management team from the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) decided to cancel their annual meeting that was scheduled to be held in Philadelphia March 13-16 due to concerns surrounding COVID-19.

There were many factors that went into their decision making. Most notably they cited the health and safety of their meeting attendees, exhibitors and presenters, and the travel bans that have been enacted by many academic and medical institutions preventing travel at this time.

Per the AAAAI official announcement:
“Cancelling the 2020 AAAAI Annual Meeting was a difficult decision made by the AAAAI Board of Directors after careful thought and deliberation,” said AAAAI President David M. Lang, MD, FAAAAI. “While an incredible amount of work went into planning this year’s educational program, and all of our speakers and abstract authors have put immense time and energy into their presentations and posters, it has reached a point with COVID-19 where the AAAAI felt it was absolutely necessary to cancel the Annual Meeting in order to protect the health and safety of attendees.”

We are now in a rapidly changing environment. We will continue to provide you with updated information as this situation evolves. Please know that the PHLCVB is in constant contact with our customers and partners in the national and regional travel and tourism sector, as well as city officials, to ensure we are on top of emerging information so we can best advise our customers and members.

We will continue to follow the guidance of officials regarding the best course of action surrounding COVID-19 and its impact on the travel and tourism industry. We will do all that it takes to assure the safety of visitors, workers and residents.

Sincerely,

Kavin Schieferdecker
Senior Vice President, Convention Division
PHLCVB

15 Likes

AAAAI!!

Appropriate acronym. :+1:

17 Likes