Ongoing coronavirus happenings

President Trump said Friday he didn’t wear a face mask while honoring elderly World War II veterans—just one day after his personal valet tested positive for the coronavirus—because he was “very far away from them” and “they’re so pure, it will never happen.”

Of course Trump has never read Job, or paid attention when Job was read to him.

17 Likes

Amusing take on Jurassic Park America

18 Likes
13 Likes
6 Likes

Interestingly, the source where this guy got his link from a) says this is Japan and b) indicates they are tweeting from Jamaica.

It’s propaganda either way. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

As predicted:

19 Likes

Germany has the same fuckup.

8 Likes

Holy shit. Carlo Maria Vigano has started a letter, undersigned also by some Catholic bishops in Germany, denouncing measures against SARS-CoV-2, and insinuating a plot to create a “world government”. Right out of conspiracy theories.

Oh fuck. Oh fuck. Oh fuck.

This is going to be listened to in Africa, Asia, Latin America… I don’t care much about the Catholic church’s influence in western central Europe, especially Germany. But even Poland… Oh no. Oh please, no.

18 Likes

“You will sleep in the blankets we have given you, and you will not ask any questions.”

I spent my whole life convinced that the concept of Hell was fundamentally unjust, and now I find myself desperately wishing that it were real.

23 Likes

All the visible non-English text in the video is Chinese and it looks just like a Chinese elementary school (I’ve been in a few.)

11 Likes

“they’re so pure, it will never happen.”
Dear leaders statements are some magical thinking bullshit. Not sure if Job is the best example tho. In the end after Job’s suffering everything is restored and he is rewarded. Also reinforces the whole bad things happen to good people cuz “gods plan” idea. The story itself is one of my favorites. To think of God and the Devil sitting around making bets about how much suffering a human will tolerate is hysterical, and reminds me of Greek and Roman mythology with the gods on Mount Olympus toying with peoples lives for amusement.

6 Likes

My favorite part is how after killing Job’s whole family horribly, God rewards his piety by giving him an even better family (presumably with younger, prettier wives and quieter, more studious children).

15 Likes

As a former Xtian who has always hated that story, I have to nitpick just a little;

Once God won his bet, Job got an entirely new family, not the original one that God had killed off.

That’s not “restorative,” IMO.

19 Likes
6 Likes

Point being these Vet’s will get zero for their purity.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Yes, the morality theory of disease. Good people don’t get sick, so the people that do must have some moral failing.

The Christian Right around Trump probably think that Convid will go away as soon as they can find 10 righteous men (They’re looking in the White House, so this could take a while…)

15 Likes

Possibly?

1 Like

Yep. But either way, see above.

Certainly not for the dead wives and children!

11 Likes