Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Though maybe there are ones that should go on, like the World Vaccine Conference.

5 Likes

Idiots gonna idiot :woman_facepalming:t3:

14 Likes

Ann Coulter 2.0 gets no attention from me. Whatsoever. :crossed_arms

15 Likes

Little Awful Annie.

12 Likes

It’s not coddling. Look up “herd immunity” and get the fuck back to me after that.

1 Like

I’m not trying to be “cool”. Sorry it came off that way. I’m getting rather angered by “information overload” that others have to then follow up on. It wasn’t so much that you were wrong on any one point, but you dumped a lot of “x is better than y” info, on the general public, that they then have to go look up, or just trust you on, because, they do.

The extent to which eugenics still persists as a popular strain of thought is severely underestimated.

22 Likes

That is truly disgusting.

25 Likes
5 Likes

Boomers refuse any other exit strategy.

A lot of jokes, but depending on how this is handled, it may not be a bad thing. A tent in the woods would be bad. An RV or small trailer with electrical and sewer hookups could be more easily sanitized than a private residence. It can be kept isolated in a way an apartment cannot.

But the headline makes for good clickbait.

11 Likes

This is horrible.

6 Likes

As an aside, I was sick with a community acquired antibiotic resistant pneumonia characterized by a sore throat, difficulty breathing, severely obstructed lungs, and intermittent 101° fever in early February after two weeks of tradeshow life in January. Despite two visits to the official pandemic hospital in my city, I was unable to be tested as I had not traveled to Wuhan. Sure, I’d had meetings with people from all over the world and sat with refugees from China on my flights, but I had not traveled to Wuhan. So, I stayed home, isolated and sick as hell. After 6 days or so of cefdinir and doxy twice a day (the second antibiotic regime we tried), I started to feel better. It was the 15th or so day from when I first felt ill. I basically stayed home in bed for February. Who knows what was wrong with me…but dang I’d feel guilty if I got somebody sick and they died. I’m still recovering, coughing and low energy.

23 Likes

The exact wording of the TSA release:

Have they been in contact with passengers? The source isn’t clear on that point. Perhaps they worked behind the scenes, and merely coughed on your luggage.

16 Likes

Thread:

20 Likes

“The beginning of spread?” I beg to differ. We are well into the inflection point, if not further along the curve. If you have not got a plan and preparations in place should you need to quarantine, your time is running short.

20 Likes

Sobering?? Clearly they’ve all been drunk AF since 2016.

15 Likes

Yeah, my patient from yesterday was refused testing but told to quarantine for 14 days, because he met criteria for the illness but not for testing. What kind of screwed up system are we running here??

32 Likes

‘When the virus is out there, the population has no immunity and no therapy exists, then 60 to 70% of the population will be infected.’ -A. Merkel

Wow.

14 Likes

Ted Cruz may not have COVID-19, but he has apparently contracted a sense of humor despite being in quarantine.

12 Likes