Ongoing coronavirus happenings

24 Likes

While not happy that the markets are dropping again today, it’s a sign that they are not buying into trump’s bullshit claim that all is well.

6 Likes

Blame Trump all you want. He’s been cutting CDC and HHS funding, and eliminated key positions in this area. None of these things helped.

15 Likes

The markets will undoubtedly recover, and it triggers Trump so there’s that.

9 Likes

Is it covid? Probably not, but…

8 Likes

Yeah, this is gonna suck.

“Michael Wessel, commissioner of the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, said generic antibiotics and blood pressure meds could be among those first affected.”

8 Likes

A little too real?

8 Likes
7 Likes

Well, they gave it their best shot. (Pharm industry cries.)

8 Likes

Thread:

Aside from the doctor’s costs, these things are true outside of the US as well. I remember being told I could go home from a retail job when I had a fever so bad that I was hallucinating, because “there was no one to cover”. Same working grocery when I was vomiting from a migraine (and I was asked “what does that have to do with a migraine?”).

18 Likes

21 Days

As of today, 02/27/2020, there are 82,550 confirmed cases worldwide.

7 Likes

Is it time to start using the “P” word finally?

8 Likes

And the number of new cases from outside of China just exceeded the number of new cases from inside China for the first time. It is long past being a “Chinese problem.” WHO may not want to use the term yet, not sure what they are waiting for or what number meets their quota, but yes, this is a pandemic. And I am one worried doc at this point.

17 Likes
24 Likes

These guys do not fucking understand how vaccines work. They rely on herd immunity because no vaccine ever is 100% effective. To get herd immunity you need to get as many of the “herd” vaccinated as possible. (The actual number varies depending on the disease) If you want to protect the herd you make the vaccines as available as easily as possible. Every barrier to uptake you put up decreases the effectiveness of your vaccine. We will be dealing with enough brain-dead antivaxxers when this finally becomes available, we don’t need to be dealing with trying to get people a way to pay for it.

27 Likes

Not to go all “we’re all gonna die” over this, but Jesus Christ, we’re all going to die. :stuck_out_tongue:

21 Likes

Or at least be sick as a dog for a week or so. I hate this timeline so so so much.

14 Likes

I wonder if this might not be a silver lining…we might finally have a situation in which the anti-vaxxers finally accept that getting a vaccine is safer for their kids than not getting one.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t bet against stupid. There’ll be posts up within hours of vaccine availability saying what “horrible, poisonous” things are in it.

16 Likes
20 Likes