Ongoing coronavirus happenings

You wanna talk screwed? Read this when you can stand it, not until…

7 Likes

The question that really matters is, how survivable is COVID-19 without hospital intervention? When the number of infected people is relatively low, the hospitals can do things like put people with pneumonia on oxygen to help their breathing. If we start getting tens of thousands of people infected it won’t be practical to admit them all to hospital. Then the fatality rate might increase above 2-3%

8 Likes
13 Likes

He’s still got that Sharpie he used on the NWS, right?

Given that it won’t work, best to end it ASAP before we get to Fear the Walking Dead scenarios?

4 Likes
11 Likes

I wonder if this is the same cult that was active at my US university.

5 Likes
17 Likes

Preliminary preliminary data, but up to 20% seem to be classified as “severe, requiring medical intervention.” Now is the fluids and oxygen, or ventilators and pressors? I do not know. But the fact is, when/if hospital beds are tapped out, the outcome will get worse.

9 Likes

Seriously? He does not understand the concept of herd immunity? Or is this just "gotta keep the 1% going! "

11 Likes

So incredibly fucked.

17 Likes

It begins…

13 Likes

Nothing he can’t fix with a sharpie… :-/

2 Likes

3 Likes

He is a lying sack of shit. There are 60 confirmed cases in the US, for starters. He contradicts his own experts, makes shit up, and can potentially cause this mess to be much worse than it otherwise would be. Other than that, yeah, he’s right on. Fuck.

17 Likes

9 Likes

Prayers from an idiot.
Yay, we’re saved.
/S

Schools closing in Japan, cancelled sport events, NHS suggesting shaving beards so that masks fit better…

10 Likes

A UC Davis internal memo said medical workers requested the individual be tested a week ago, but the CDC declined to test the patient as they did not meet the required criteria for a test.

This pisses me off to a point I can hardly speak. So what this means is that all the “no internal transmission” is utter bullshit. They haven’t found any because not only were they not looking, but were actively refusing to test folks who were not travelers or close contacts of travelers. I want to blame Trump for this, bu I could see bureaucracy establishing rules like this to avoid spending money on testing low risk patients. Penny wise, pound foolish.

18 Likes

Hi everyone, reporting live from Turin, Italy
I can assure you everything is fine here, schools will probably open again next week, but musea might stay closed because Lombardy is right next to us and its to much of a risk.
I probably have corona but I’m still doing ok
I think they stopped reporting cases in Turin as they were messing with the numbers.
I heard it was 1,2,6,4,3 and now back to 1 so something shady is definitely going on.
In the meantime numbers in Italy have risen past 500
See you later

6 Likes

FYI here are the current COVID-19 stats on Italy (as a whole):

Italy

Confirmed: 528
Deaths: 14
Recovered: 40
Existing: 474

7 Likes

hi thanks for this, but I already know this. I’m saying in Turin only

1 Like