Only jerks are invited to Trump social media summit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/09/only-jerks-are-invited-to-trum.html

Trump says Google wants to rig the 2020 election.

2 Likes

tumblr_ps8dbxd2ZR1qzssc1_540

47 Likes

I’m sure the POTUS will do the right thing and ask these individuals to reconsider their past actions and only post unbiased, well sourced, and factual information… right?

10 Likes

Oh god, no. Not Ben Garrison.

Sadly not surprised that his ridiculous stumping for Trump got him some sort of in. But to the social media summit??

4 Likes

What, the Gab dude isn’t going to be there? And if it’s a party for jerks, Jack Dorsey is really gonna feel left out.

12 Likes

96180a8adc2e4ecbcf75d094c10413d7deb43817_1_502x500

So says White Jesus.

29 Likes

Last month, Twitter said it would begin labeling tweets from Trump that violate its policies but are allowed to stay on the site because he is a national political figure.

Oh gods, I just realized - when Trump leaves office, he might actually have his twitter account shut down. That might hurt him more than anything. (Fingers crossed!)

15 Likes

Inviting only trolls to a social media summit is itself next-level trolling.

23 Likes

Isn’t Twitter itself a running sore of trollery, not to mention the others? You’d think they’d fit right in.

1 Like
5 Likes

So…Unite the (digital) Right?

2 Likes

Inviting antisemitic hagiographer Ben “Zyklon B” Garrison to this “summit.” Makes sense.

LATE BREAKING UPDATE: Garrison has been uninvited to the “summit.” And apparently this is what did it:

6 Likes

So, the meaning of this cartoon is that Trump is enslaving minorities to build his ridiculous looking self aggrandizing edifice dedicated to himself and his vague sloganeering?

11 Likes

Another invitee, Ben Garrison, has published cartoons that have drawn sharp rebukes from the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center for including hateful text and imagery.

Someone should really convince them to invite The Onion’s Stan Kelly.

14 Likes

I live in a super red area outside a super blue city Id rather live in- between this and Papa san, I think Im filling mailboxes with these 2 images before election

6 Likes

To think that the social media companies weren’t sketchy enough to make the cut for the Trump administration social media summit. Eeeeeech.

2 Likes

Garrison is fascinating to me because he’s just so fucking TALENTLESS. Dude can barely draw; everything has that weird airbrush shading that makes it look like it’s inflatable; and his visual metaphors are so clumsy that he has to write words all over them to tell you what the joke/point is. His fame and visibility come only from his willingness to prostrate himself.

In short, he’s a great reminder that scum as well as cream floats to the top.

12 Likes

And he still didn’t invite Jack Dorsey.

2 Likes

this is…this is satire, right? RIGHT?!?

5 Likes

or as Jarvis puts it: “well, I say, shit floats.”

3 Likes