Oops! Donald Trump hopes out loud that the U.S. economy crashes this year (video)

Originally published at: Oops! Donald Trump hopes out loud that the U.S. economy crashes this year (video) - Boing Boing

3 Likes

“When there’s a crash, I hope it’s going to be during these next 12 months, because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover,”

What?! This blazingly stupid loser actually believes he’s getting back into the White House!

8 Likes

I mean… it is a possibility… :woman_shrugging: Not like he lost by a major landslide last time and the GOP seems to be circling the wagons.

8 Likes

Whether you are a host or a guest on Lindell-TV, you’ve already struck out.

9 Likes

So pretty soon now: “They should know that if they don’t let me be president again then the whole country will be burned to the ground by good people who I will pardon when I’m back in office”. What remains amazing is that all these direct threats are just shrugged off as trump being trump -sigh-

7 Likes

Weighed against the creeping normalization of the impossible-made-real, yes… it could happen, and especially since the GOP may very well attempt to cheat Trump into the WH. Still, Trump casually talks as if his return is a certainty.

1 Like

Probably because that’s how he feels. I’m sure that if he’s the nominee and he loses (again, even by a landslide) there will be another attempt to over turn that election. And the GOP will largely back him all the way.

5 Likes

This has been de-facto GOP policy for decades.

See also: them demanding “something be done about X” and when a bill comes to the floor addressing “X” they all vote against it.

8 Likes

He can’t hope to be another Hoover - Hoover’s Commission for Relief in Belgium helped millions of people alive in a war-devastated Europe.

Trump might have turned up and chucked paper towels at a few folk. But that would mean risking his neck which something he doesn’t do.

5 Likes

His will.

He might. And we have to fight hard against that possibility. But we also have to be prepared for the possibility that we lose that fight, because what would follow will be horrific, more horrific than anything we’ve seen yet from him and his supporters.

4 Likes

Trump’s hope for economic disaster follows Trumpian logic: Trump knows that the majority of Americans voted against him in 2020, so failure of the US economy will Own The Libruls! His followers will eat this up even when their own futures go down the toilet. Anything to please the Orange God.

1 Like

Historically, it crashes when Republicans take over.

5 Likes

Especially if the economic crash Trump is hoping for comes to pass before the election.

Trump is definitely one of those “burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes” kind of folks.

4 Likes

i’m surprised he knows who Hoover even was.

6 Likes

That’s an insult to Little Finger; he was a heinous sociopathic villain, but at least he was competent in his evildoing…

3 Likes

Oddly enough I keep seeing that quote (or variations of it) misattributed to Sun Tzu instead of Lord Varys.

Keep talking, Donny, keep talking.

Color me shocked; the Dumbening has been way more successful than I ever could have imagined…

3 Likes

The only surprising part is that the internet is falsely attributing a line like that to a non-white guy. Usually that kind of treatment is reserved for people like Churchill, Lincoln and Twain.

2 Likes