Optimizing a peanut butter and banana sandwich using machine learning and computer vision

I like two layers of banana!

1 Like

My brother-in-law eats his peanut butter sandwiches with alfalfa sprouts. I don’t care for the taste, but it does help the sticky PB go down. I don’t know exactly why he likes them that way, though.

For myself, I put butter (cow’s-milk butter) on the bread for PB sandwiches, and that helps it go down :slight_smile: Also, everything’s better with butter.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call someone who only uses half the banana “fond” of such sandwiches.

I myself use the whole banana, and cut the slices thick enough that it all fits on the bread, minus the few slices that “mysteriously” disappear during assembly. And honestly, it’s still not enough banana, the flavor is just too weak.

I’ve tried the mush-up thing, but the mushing causes the banana to release its water, and the result is too runny to make a sandwich.

6 Likes

You’re missing the most important final step: grilling it in butter, like a grilled cheese.

6 Likes

I assume someplace in the Midwest deep fries them.

1 Like

The simplest method is two cuts: cut the banana in half crosswise, and then cut it in half lengthwise. The bread fits three quarters of a banana across, and you just eat the fourth.

4 Likes

You don’t eat fast enough.

1 Like

Monster, you can’t eat Banana mush.

1 Like

Indeed. There’s no accounting for those people who think banana is a valid accompaniment to peanut butter (weirdoes)

:wink:

1 Like

Perhaps in 3 dimensions this is simple, width and length, but try thinking about a banana in all 11 dimensions including the 1st and then it can be a very complex problem.

Have you even tried to think about how the banana exists in TIME!!!

3 Likes

Just think about it!

3 Likes

Peanut Butter and Marmite?! That sounds like an interesting taste of umami-overload.

Just look at it!

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here… it’s good stuff!

3 Likes

Some years ago lined up at a till at the grocery with about six containers of sprouts…all that were left in the display 'coz I liked sprouts. Ahead of me in line was a woman with an even larger number of containers of sprouts . A fellow traveler, I thought. She looked at my purchase, “you’re not gonna eat those, are you” ? “Well, ya…” Turned out she was a professor at the local uni, she bought them because they were a good source of whatever microbe (s) she was interested in studying. She didn’t recommend actually eating them

1 Like

Peanut butter and banana’s OK, but have you tried peanut butter and onion? Surprisingly tasty

2 Likes

A life gift from one of my brothers in law.
Well worth trying @PPK shows the pre-mixed joy, which I haven’t tried, manual application lets you balance the two to taste.

2 Likes

Yeah, raw sprouts (of any kind) are pretty risky in terms of food poisoning. Most people don’t thoroughly cook (or even cook at all) alfalfa sprouts, though. (I have tried, and just didn’t like them cooked.)

1 Like

ya, never cooked them either (my favourite were broccoli sprouts ) I liked the nutty flavour and the crispness of them. I reluctantly stopped eating sprouts when advised to do so by this woman, she was very persuasive. Bean sprouts on the other hand you can cook, used to grow those at home BITD

1 Like

No peanut butter sandwich is fully optimised without the addition of honey.

4 Likes