I am unsure how I have lived without this bread slicing tray

Originally published at: I am unsure how I have lived without this bread slicing tray | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Yes, freehand bread cutting is for the birds.

5 Likes

The person using the wrong kind of knife in the bottom photo triggers me. Please stop!

30 Likes

The knife in the second picture isn’t even a bread knife.

I can report that tearing off chunks with your paws and stuffing them into your mouth does not accomplish this.

The bread slicing guide has 3 different size settings to slice the perfect thickness you want.It can make it easier for you to receive friends.

This is a family blog!

18 Likes

I’d take this more seriously if it was a serrated knife. That’s all pre-sliced bread there…

14 Likes

I had a plastic bread slicing tray. It worked great with the bread that came out of our bread machine.

Except that the serrations on the bread knife would sometimes slice into the plastic.

Mmm, tiny bits of plastic on the bread…

8 Likes

Use a knife with a thicker blade or a wider kerf. That will keep the cutting tips away from the sides of the channels.

3 Likes

If you are having trouble cutting your bread, perhaps you are eating the wrong bread.

5 Likes

I’m more than a little concerned that they had to photoshop this:

LOL, and look at the job they did, too. On the right side, the knife is three notches back from the front, and on the left side it’s six. Who wants diagonal slices?

36 Likes

Speak for yourself. Once you’re done chewing and swallowing, I mean.

11 Likes

Not only is it the wrong kind… the knife isnt long enough… how are you to make it work with such a short stroke?

7 Likes

Jesus Slice Cutting Christ!

Serrated knife or reach in and break off a piece. How hard is that?

6 Likes

The next day…

11 Likes

“Tongue depressors are gross.” She thought.

6 Likes

I am unsure how I have lived without splinters in my sandwiches

11 Likes

Used tongue depressors more so.

4 Likes

I am unsure how I have lived without this bread slicing tray

Now you can’t be apart…

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

7 Likes

Without looking… is there past tense Lichtenstein?

My mom has an old and well-loved bread slicer like none I can find online these days. It’s wooden, and has a tray that folds down to put the bread on. The thickness of the slice is dialed in by a wooden circle with steps carved into it. You push in the dial, turn it to the thickness you want, and then pull back where little pegs lock it into place. When you’re done, brush off the crumbs, fold it up, and hang it on its hook on the wall.
It’s one of those things with lots of probably unnecessary craftsmanship that just makes it a joy to use.

10 Likes

Dammit…I don’t follow.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

7 Likes