I am unsure how I have lived without this bread slicing tray

Cut off a sliced loaf is never missed. The old sailor cook said once…

3 Likes

@knoxblox @Akimbo_NOT

is there past tense Lichtenstein? BTW: Liechtenstein plural Liechtensteiners / past tense Liechtenyesterdayers.

You’re welcome.

Yes, and it’s far above your collective pay-grade.

4 Likes

I possess this technology, and yes, it just about qualifies as useful, but it is annoyingly pointless that it has slots to do a more than one slice at a time (like all kitchen gadgets, it presupposes that your kitchen is the size of an aircraft hangar).

Some might ask “why don’t you just slice bread freehand” and that’s fine if you want a big rustic slab of bread to eat on its own, or to instagram, but sometimes you want thin consistent slices that can go in a popup toaster, or make sandwiches that will fit in your mouth. Also, it tears families apart when loaves are found sliced at a 45° angle.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how I have lived without cheese in my ad copy.

2 Likes

I won’t clutter my kitchen with crapola like this. This aparati is easily replaced with the appropriate knife, Serrated blade is needed for a precise cut of delicious fresh baked bread, and takes up very little space, plus its a great weapon against the coming zombie hoard, which I think is tomorrow, depending on your geographic position on the Earth.

11 Likes

Who wants finger sandwiches?

sandwich GIF

5 Likes

I am happy a solution exists for people who have this need or want. Always remember that even the silliest looking things can be a life-improving accessibility aid to some, and only mass marketing can make it affordable.

I have lived my life without a bread slicer by buying pre-sliced bread. Not only do I not then have to store a bread slicer, I don’t have to also store bread pans or a bread machine, as my kitchen is the size of a closet. Even the toaster and coffee maker need to be put away when not in use to have any kind of preparation space.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Julienne wants diagonal slices.

8 Likes

If only there was a previous innovation that could act as a metric as to whether it was the best.

7 Likes

Kitchen gadgets often put me in mind of Live & Let Die

5 Likes

Italic Bread.
Who doesn’t?

13 Likes

Someone who wants more bread surface area, that’s who :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Personally, I long for the day when bread can be cut using only sound. A certain tone for fluffy white, another for sourdough, and a special tone for stoneground flour with spelt. The prototype would work something like Tibetan monks humming - but in the production version it would all be sped up so that it would simply shreak like the rush of a katana, causing all the dogs in the neighbourhood to bark and garage doors to open spontaneously. Alternatively, you could just use a katana.

7 Likes

Kind of like this?

weirding

11 Likes

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail

3 Likes

How about Cursive Bread?

5 Likes

Woooowhmmmmm

15 Likes

“Mmmmm…TOAST!”

5 Likes