Oregon: wildfires turn daytime sky into a hellish shade of red

Medford Oregon police identified such a fraud and came downhard on that bullshit. Clackamas County did the same on their live update this afternoon. It’s not gonna fly.

7 Likes

Well, 10 or 15 anyway

and yet the National Weather Service software is not set up to simulate this much smoke

They knew there would be smoke, and how much, but they still forecast temps in the 90s

2 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

Where I am it went from 103 before the smoke hit to around 73, when it was forecast to be in the upper to mid-90s. I’ve never experienced such a dramatic temperature change.

Now I’m reading reports that armed right-wing “militia” groups have created their own checkpoints, blocking people trying to evacuate, to stop suspected “antifa.” They’re forcing people out of their cars to take their pictures. Reporters seen at the scenes of fires were being accused of being antifa firestarters disguised as reporters on social media, with mobs tracking them and people deciding they should be “shot on sight.” Yeah, the crackdown on the misinformation isn’t working.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any of that, either. I suspect that might also be misinformation - maybe even from the same source.

If it’s coming from St. Petersburg, remember that their goal isn’t so much promoting one side over another as much as creating chaos and sowing discord.

Be careful about trusting reports from the thick of it. The people who are actually on the ground are too fucking busy surviving to be posting shit on FB.

4 Likes

I’m reading the reporters’ twitter feeds with first-hand reports and pictures of the “militia” blockades, etc.

3 Likes

That’s the one confirmed report I’ve found of any of it. The rest are rumors, and dangerous ones, to boot. 300 people forced their way past a blockade into an active fire area to get back to protect their homes from nonexistent looting.

The rumors are going to get people killed.

7 Likes

On the East Coast of the US these weird sky photos aren’t going viral. I don’t know why?
They’re freaky as F.
Yellow, Orange, and Red all day.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.