Oreo introduces kawaii cookies for spring

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/16/oreo-introduces-kawaii-cookies.html

3 Likes

Those looks delicious. I wonder why, with all the weird flavors Oreo already releases in the USA, we’re denied these? I guarantee they’re better than the Swedish Fish Oreos.

8 Likes

The variations that seem to be available in the US are an absolutely tiny fraction of the number that are in Asia. (And most of the US versions seem to be quite minor variations of the traditional formula, rather than new flavors. The few new flavors got released for like one month, and that was it.) These are probably just variations/combinations of cookies that are available all the time there as it is. (I’ve read about both peach and matcha cookies being available, for instance.)

3 Likes

Aw, I like peach oolong as an actual tea, now I’m sad I can’t have these…

3 Likes

How cute!

2 Likes

Noooo…

googles

Wuuuuuhhhhhhh?!?!

3 Likes

Kowai is scary, not kawai. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m surprised these aren’t for the Japanese market.

Unless you suffer from melophobia.

2 Likes

The level of erudition in the BBBrain is a thing of wonder to me.

5 Likes

Does Nabisco know that Hong Kong is not in Japan?

1 Like

I mean, they are oolong, not matcha, right? :slight_smile:

One is Peach Oolong, yes, but the other is Sakura Matcha; it couldn’t get more Japanese than that unless it had the image of Gojira stamped on the cookies.

2 Likes

I would think they might sell that latter one (which I missed, thanks) in Japan as well?

Dunno. Article says they’re for sale in HK only. shrug

Yeah, shouldn’t they be kě’ài, not kawaii?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.