Orlando cop fired after grabbing teen by hair and yanking her head

Wouldn’t it be helpful to have a facial recognition app that people could use on authority figures instead of just the other way around?

7 Likes

At this rate, we’ll be rid of all the bad cops in 500 years.

10 Likes

Maybe not - towns are getting more and more wary of getting sued because of shitty cops.

1 Like

These guys all seem to have that thick steroid neck for some reason. They could probably cut way down on there incidents of abuse by banning steroid use and firing cops who do use it. The racist problem would still be there but they’d be less inclined to strangle little girls with their bare hands for being mouthy.

7 Likes

She was in MIDDLE SCHOOL. If he needs to manhandle a middle schooler instead of handling it like a damn adult, maybe he needs to stop being a cop.

21 Likes

The only thing that surprises me here is that the cop was fired so quickly, but as others have already opined, sadly it will probably be all too easy for him to just get another job with another PD.

Same as it ever was; chop, chop, chop.

11 Likes

To be fair, he probably flunked out of middle school

5 Likes

The cops have (successfully) argued in court that they’re not legally required to do shit in the face of a serious crime in progress (see: Warren v. District of Columbia). (And not even because the police were in some danger, but just because they couldn’t be bothered.)

In this case “whatever happens, happens” would mean… not making a bad situation worse. Because the girl who was arrested doesn’t actually seem to have been accused of anything. There was a “fight” between middle school students, but the cop arrived to find her being held down by other girls. He only seems to have arrested her because he was annoyed that she wouldn’t stop crying and screaming, and because he accused her of being a “troublemaker” at her school (whatever that means, as it’s often used for the victims of bullying).

There really couldn’t be a more clear example of egregious police bullshit. Fuck this cop and anyone acting as an apologist for him.

18 Likes

Oh, they do plenty of that too.

Maybe cops should be required to do their job of keeping the peace and protecting the public.

9 Likes

Racism yes, but there’s also a dose of projection in a bully throwing a tantrum who in this case was large and armed.

I wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised if he’s an abusive father.

14 Likes

2 Likes

Not unlikely. Most bullies do it because they enjoy it. I wouldn’t trust this man with captive targets.

4 Likes

Statistically highly likely. (There used to be a mental health survey given to cops across the country, in which about 40% admitted to domestic abuse just in the previous few months. They stopped doing the survey, not surprisingly.) But still, even if he does have a kid, I’m sure he would be upset that anyone else treated her that way (because he figures that it’s only his right to be allowed to abuse her).

7 Likes

I’m sure Porky will either easily find employment elsewhere or successfully sue to be reinstated because this is the greatest nation ever. And in this case, he was perfectly within his professional rights as he was just exercising the continuing American right of ownership of African-Americans.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.