Oscar Meyer Wienermobile replica owner regrets purchase, selling it on Craigslist

Buying a novelty car to use as a “daily driver” is like a non-Juggalo going to The Gathering of The Juggalos-- it sounds like a fun idea at first, but if you actually try it you’ll realize you’ve gotten yourself into a nightmare.

8 Likes

It appears to be underneath a giant fiberglass wiener.

28 Likes

While a hilarious idea, I think you will find that teenagers given a cool and an uncool car will do most of the same dumb shit in either car.

Teenagers and the dumb shit being done in/with/to cars are less crimes of passion, and more opportunity.

4 Likes

The Cap’n Crunch whistle wasn’t the only toy whistle that could blow 2600 Hz. Makes me think “hmmmm…”

5 Likes

It looks like it seats 6 and has some sort of rear area access, probably for storage of event displays and such. Honestly, this would make a badass tour bus for a small band.

6 Likes

Young fella’ then, I guess.

1 Like

I think it’s finny you made some sort of assumption around my motives.

I HAVE teenagers. I know full well what they will do. I am under no delusions otherwise.

The hilarity is around watching them flounder between “I want/need a car” and “I WILL NOT drive THAT!”

3 Likes

…if you know what I mean.

7 Likes

“Presenting for your pleasure tonight, a fine upstanding group, The Wieners!”

7 Likes

My buddy was actually in a Ween/Weezer cover band called “Weener” once.

9 Likes

Kinda surprised at how many friends I can sarcastically (yet appropriately) send this to …

2 Likes

So the old guy is giving him a hand?
Showing him how a good job is done?
:grin:

2 Likes

Well, it could be considered a sort of unsolicited wiener pic… :thinking:

5 Likes

That is the wurst joke ever

9 Likes

Serious question: what would a clause look like to prevent a working means of transportation? I can see “no keeping of cars on blocks on lawn”.

1 Like

My friend heard that wasn’t allowed on CL anymore?

So, um, I’m throwing my name into the ring:

https://www.gofundme.com/oh-i-wish-i-had-an-oscar-mayer-wienermobile

It won’t be my daily driver.

UPDATE: It was a PRANK! The original listing turned out to be a prank :sob:Prank lands victim hundreds of offers to buy Wienermobile he doesn’t own | Driving

UPDATE: tagging @frauenfelder

10 Likes

Sounds more like a sausage party.

11 Likes

Yup, I don’t think “Hey, Baby, want to ride in my wiener…mobile?” is really going to be much better than if they want to ride on it. Better that a true fan like Rusty has this. It will keep it out of the hands of men who can’t be trusted with it.

All I can say is that thing better have a back up camera, looks hard to see out of :open_mouth:

Also, maybe too commercial to really be a burning man car without some sort of treatment that takes a swing at its original intent?

4 Likes

“Let’s put this giant weiner in Rusty’s hands!”

4 Likes