Out-takes from the closing credits of the Peter Sellers' "Being There"

You didn’t miss anything. Truly awful movie. I chalked it up to being brilliant involves taking risks, which means sometimes you are going to have spectacular failures.

1 Like

Hi - in recent years many films (including even some animated films) have featured some “bloopers” during the closing credits. I am pretty sure that “Being There” was the first film to do that, although wasn’t it just a long scene or two, rather than a bunch of goofs? And I am pretty sure that in real life Peter Sellers was upset when he lost the Oscar to Dustin Hoffman for “Kramer vs. Kramer”, and later blamed his loss on those closing credit outtakes, which he felt detracted from his “serious” performance. (Some of that was dramatized in the 2004 HBO docudrama “The Life and Death of Peter Sellers”.)

Tom

2 Likes

Being There: 1979
Smokey and the Bandit: 1977

so, no. I don’t know if SatB was the first or not, but BT was definitely not.

2 Likes

Hi -

I would like to suggest it was actually “Smokey and the Bandit II” from 1980 that had bloopers during the credits, followed soon thereafter by “Cannonball Run” in 1981.

Tom

1 Like

Darn, I am still wrong. Thanks to google I now see that “Hooper” from 1978 had stunt footage and at least a few “bloopers” during the closing credits.

Tom

1 Like

Hong Kong kung fu movies have had outtakes in the credits for a long time, and they were pretty big in the 70s.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.