Outdoors enthusiast makes fun of highly improbable campsite photos

They still didn’t sleep there!

I dunno… a handful of these camp sites are not beyond improbability. I have slept in stranger and just as picturesque locations.

Yeah, but don’t those hanging tents have some sort of semi-solid platform bottom? That tent looks like the fabric is the only support and it could easily rip out.

When I look at that picture, I can feel the terror in the soles of my feet. No way.

But just think of the wonderful sensation of waking up, your brain rebooting, blinking sleeply at the tent above you, then remembering where the tent is. No need for coffee for that morning jolt.

3 Likes

I can also imagine stumbling out of the tent for a midnight pee.

For those wondering about the freestanding tent blowing away, I used one for a bicycle trek from Austin to San Diego. To keep it anchored, I put the gear I carried in my trailer in the corners. Gallon jug, milk crate with groceries and supplies, painting gear, and then clothing milk crate in the last corner.
There was a night I experienced some pretty high winds, but the gear was enough to keep it anchored.

2 Likes

Nah, way too heavy for climbing. Every ounce counts.

Hanging tents are moving beyond the rockclimbing world these days, where weight is less important. Some of those will have solid bottoms, but not all:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.