Outraged Georgia election official to Trump and GOP on violent threats against election staff: 'This has to stop!'

But stochastic terrorism is just so much fun. And profitable!

…/s

14 Likes

i particularly love the translator’s facial expressions. but anyway, i appreciate the official’s candor and anger, and i don’t know about everyone else, but hey – welcome to the party. i’ve been like this for almost four years now.

26 Likes

Profitable? Maybe.
Legally actionable? Not without wading into a legal morass the like of which the Redcap In Chief only dreams of hiding behind in most instances.

“How dare you, Mr, President. How dare you impugn this state by claiming we would manipulate the vote counting. Georgia is much more a manipulate-the-voter-rolls kind of place.”

18 Likes

Mister Sterling has made the error of assuming that the Redcap In Chief uses the same definition of “leadership” as does Mr. Sterling. Don-John Two-Scoops has no comprehension of “leading by example” or even “upholding higher standards”. Leadership, to that greasy has-been, means bullying, wheedling, tantrums, bribery, and anything else EXCEPT actual leadership.

11 Likes

It’s rather gratifying that the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party is now nibbling on some actual leopard faces, for a change.

Yeah, I’m listening to him saying, over and over, “It’s gone too far, this has to stop,” and wondering whether it only crossed the line when it started impacting him and his (fellow Republicans). Like, ok, the party is now a toxic monstrosity, but that’s cool and - whoa, whoa, whoa, now it’s trying to bite me, that’s not cool at all! Maybe he’s more principled than that, but I can’t help feeling that, especially after the last four years, “principled Republican” is an oxymoron.

Edit: And yeah, it turns out Sterling has spent the last 9+ years actively pushing Republican narratives about Democratic voter fraud to disenfranchise Black voters in that state. He is, indeed, the worst kind of asshole, and his bullshit is now coming back to haunt him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GabrielSterling/status/139447631150723073

(This was a famously bullshit “voter fraud case” that eventually got dropped, but only after a great deal of time, money and damaged lives, with elected Black representatives unable to take the positions they were elected to fill, and resulted in significant reduction in the activity of Black voters, who saw what happened to people who dared to organize.)

29 Likes

Perdue and Loeffler: “We’re not trying to take a position of leadership. We’re trying to get rich on the public’s dime!”

15 Likes

thing is, trump etc actually believe their own bullshit, and think that they’re acting righteously, so why would they back down and say “yeah, we crossed a line there.” because if you actually believe that the sorts of crimes they’re alleging are actually being committed, and nobody’s doing anything about it, then yeah- you’re gonna take matters into your own hands.

4 Likes

Just a reminder, but the county in question, Gwinnett is a metro county that has basically flipped in the last few years. It includes the 7th, which was narrowly won by a democratic candidate this year.

17 Likes

Ah, why did he crop out the bad ass Santa signer?!! I saw him the other day in the news.

Someone who knows sign language, he made one sign that included sticking out your tongue in disgust. WTF is that sign for? Is it Trump? Probably not… But still, what was it?

4 Likes

Without threats of violence, can you really even call it an election? What kind of bizarre, First World countries have peaceful elections?

8 Likes

He’d be good in an action movie: Taking a side-job as a mall Santa when terrorist-robbers take over.

SIGN HARD

8 Likes

No matter where he goes, there will be a trail of Big Macs, Cheetos, and harassed women.

He shouldn’t be too hard to find…

Welcome, Perrin_Rynning1

4 Likes

Fingers stay crossed for y’alls runoff.

In the meanwhile, I meant to share this with you back when I first saw it:

16 Likes

“How dare you threaten government workers with violence, when this state has a long tradition of threats, intimidation, and violence against non-white voters.”

10 Likes

Can this presidency and year please end already?

5 Likes

Uuuuuuuuuugh

17 Likes

Nothing will make these people acknowledge reality.

Absolutely nothing.

I will never let anyone forget what these inhuman creatures have done the last 4 years. Never.

I felt sick paying my first rent today after the election- my landlord lives right next to me and he’s still flying the Trump flag. The thought that my money is helping keep his family alive makes me physically sick.

11 Likes

'Trump inciting violence, says Georgia election official. A US state of Georgia election official has said President Donald Trump will bear responsibility for any violence that results from unsubstantiated election fraud claims he has stoked."

Thank you BBC for making it clear.

5 Likes

Want to help flip Ga. Senate delegation to Blue? You don’t have to drive there. Here are some remote events that you can take part in: https://www.mobilize.us/

1 Like